Author Topic: You and your HotTop  (Read 12073 times)

Offline wayneg1

• Standard User
Re: You and your HotTop
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2014, 10:14:29 AM »
I have the ScotchBrite brand and they are the industrial ones.  They are 6x9 and you can make two filters per piece.  I think I got them at Costco some time ago but these work perfectly.

SJM

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
Thanks for the update. 
MLee sent me a life-time supply, but I hope this advice is helpful to someone else.

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »
I have the ScotchBrite brand and they are the industrial ones.  They are 6x9 and you can make two filters per piece.  I think I got them at Costco some time ago but these work perfectly.

I just ordered a pack of 20 from Amazon Prime today for $14.50.
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

GC7

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2014, 11:59:06 AM »
This is supposed to work too. It is all metal and so changes the airflow and requires so modification to profiles. I believe Randy Glass recommended it a long time ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YFS4A/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I have three or four filters that I rotate. I clean them in hot cafiza detergent, rinse and reuse.

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »

I just ordered a pack of 20 from Amazon Prime today for $14.50.

I finally got around to testing these as a replacement in the rear filter. I must have done it wrong, since I was losing a lot of heat. Based on this post, I need to put the ScotchBrite pad in, as well as the black cloth material.
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)