Author Topic: Just read about the Behmor 1600 Plus  (Read 18478 times)

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
Re: Just read about the Behmor 1600 Plus
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2014, 06:46:10 PM »
Thanks, Chris. Sounds good to me.

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2014, 06:46:52 AM »
Attached is a sheet which explains what has been added in the manual mode.. keep in mind the manual portion of the program is not accessible until you've started a roast just as you would now..

What I'm finding in my tests and currently use for testing is 12 ounces-

To start.. preheat as usual.. then 1 and Start

I then go P5 (highest power setting 100% in manual) then Press D (double drum speed)

When I hear the 1st crack and I mean very 1st crack of first.. I press C (resets to Rosetta Stone time, in this case 3:10)

I wait about 20 seconds into FC for a little momentum, then press P1 to go to 0% power (all MCU's have lag time-this is the quickest way to drop heat)

You'll note momentum will carry it through FC for about ~1:30 maybe longer at which time I'll go P3, for a ramp up of heat, then P5.. invariably I've had to add 30-45 seconds because of stretching time between FC and SC.. (note: normally on 12ounces time between FC and SC is appx 2:40)..

When I can sense I'm about 15 seconds away from cooling, I hit P1 again to cease all power to the quartz elements so cooling is better and quicker..

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2014, 07:20:02 AM »
This is extremely useful information, Joe. Thank you. Does shutting off heating elements while the drum's spinning risk harm to any internal electronics or thermistors? I ask because in the manual it warns not to stop the cool down cycle while in progress because of possible harm to the electronics.

Also, will changing the motor speed hasten motor failure rates?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:24:03 AM by Mass. Wine Guy »

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2014, 08:03:43 AM »
This is extremely useful information, Joe. Thank you. Does shutting off heating elements while the drum's spinning risk harm to any internal electronics or thermistors? I ask because in the manual it warns not to stop the cool down cycle while in progress because of possible harm to the electronics.

Also, will changing the motor speed hasten motor failure rates?

The reference in the manual is if you press OFF immediately after a roast before allowing the cooling fans to do their job... cutting power to elements lowers heat quicker for cooling only

Motor speed change should have no ill effect .. 

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »
Thanks, Joe. I can't wait to try the new board.

silicon

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2014, 04:05:59 PM »
Any idea when the upgrade will be available in Canada  ??

Thank's

Michel G

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »
Just a quick update.. PCBs/ Panels are 99% finished and tested.. but they pulled a bonehead and forgot to order boxes to pack each panel individually, so I'll probably have them ship bulk which means each disty will need to box. No biggie just one of the many stupid things that can delay deliveries.. As to when in Canada, I'm having these shipped to two locations in the states so they can be broken down and reshipped to all points quicker.

Offline sonnyhad

• Standard User
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2014, 07:59:48 AM »
I'm preordered as well, sure hope it works with the first ones to roll out, 7 years ago!

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2014, 03:37:34 PM »
I'm preordered as well, sure hope it works with the first ones to roll out, 7 years ago!

The only thing you may have to contend w/ on early versions they used a glue to secure the connections from slipping while being shipped. In that case all you need to do is take the needle nose pliers and remove the glue.. no biggie..

imager01

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2014, 11:57:30 AM »
just received the email that my pre-ordered panel upgrade is on the way...yay!

Offline sonnyhad

• Standard User
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2014, 11:09:48 PM »

The only thing you may have to contend w/ on early versions they used a glue to secure the connections from slipping while being shipped. In that case all you need to do is take the needle nose pliers and remove the glue.. no biggie..

Awesome, looking forward to it!!

imager01

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2014, 11:37:56 AM »
Installed my panel upgrade last night which was pretty easy following the Roastmasters video. The part you really have to pay attention to is lining up the panel to get the correct gap between it and the door. So I tried my 1st roast today with the upgrade

8.0 oz of Yemen Mokha Ismaili
1:30 pre-heat
Started with P5 and immediately went to manual with P4 (75%) which dropped time to 18 minutes
At 7 minutes I went back to P5(100%) anticipating 1st crack
1st crack at 5:50, hit C for Rosetta Stone and had a very nice boisterous 1st crack until 4:50
Then 2nd crack snuck up on me at 4:30 and I stopped at 4:25
I ended up with Full City  to Full City + which isn't what I was hoping for
Next time I will drop power to P1(0%) as soon as 1st crack starts in order to slow it down a little.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate it

Tourman

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2014, 12:01:16 PM »
You're lucky...apparently not all distributors got theirs at the same time. Still playing the waiting game.

jspain

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2014, 01:47:40 PM »
I'm a bit confused? P1 should be the hottest and fast5ed not P5? Is that your issue? I do not have the new board..... JUST THE OLD ONE for now but may be heading that way!

RobertL

« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2014, 01:52:23 PM »
I'm a bit confused? P1 should be the hottest and fast5ed not P5? Is that your issue? I do not have the new board..... JUST THE OLD ONE for now but may be heading that way!

In manual mode P5 is 100% power. See the link below for more info.

http://www.behmor.com/docs/New-Program-Docs-Behmor-1600-Plus-V3.pdf