Author Topic: How did Behmor earn the moniker "Bakemor or Easy Bake" in GCBC?  (Read 4542 times)

Offline BaconFat

• Standard User
Re: How did Behmor earn the moniker "Bakemor or Easy Bake" in GCBC?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 03:58:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure Nucer wasn't suggesting the Behmor as an upgrade to a HT.  He was just wondering about the differences in roast quality between the two.  I'd like to know this too.  I've thought about upgrading to a HT "B" model.  Since I roast in my kitchen I'm not sure I want to deal with the smoke from the HT.  If the roast quality is that much better I might look into it though.

So you haven’t picked up that HT for half price:o

Personally I would go Behmor -> Quest M3 -> small gas fired sample roaster (something more integrated than Huky) route. 
Maybe you should buy the used Mini-500 from Hank so that he will have an excuse upgrading to EVO-1.  ;D

I couldn't convince myself to make the drive into Brooklyn.  At $650 for a barely used HT, that was a very good deal.

Offline Mlee

• Standard User
  • Roaster-Hottop b Espresso-Gagggia espresso
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 04:39:09 PM »
I have been rocking the HT for many years. It is alearning curve and I have done away with the top filter and use a scotch brite forthe rear. Another learning curve after that to adjust in airflow. My roasts are consistent and awesome. I do have a bean probe in that helps immensely. My son has a Behmor and to me its kinda like driving at midnight without the lights on. To each his own, its about prefernce and product in my book.
Prov 3:5-6-Trust in the Lord with all your heart
                Lean not on your own understanding
                Acknowledge Him in all your ways
                And He will make your paths straight

Offline JojoS

• Standard User
  • Behmor/Eureka Mignon/Gaggia Classic
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »
Thanks for the feedback BW. Good input but I had a strong feeling that this thread will be talking about a different roaster by the time it gets to the 2nd page.  :)

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
  • about those grandkids.......
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 08:58:30 AM »
I have friends at work who use a Behmor and they have complained about not being able to get to second crack.  I have never had that problem with th Hottop.  I like MLee love my Hottop and will stay with what I have.

(Happy and I know it in Benbrook, Texas)
Nucer B-) Money doesn't buy happiness it just make the misery of work easier

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 04:43:46 AM »
Nucer, voltage is very critical to the Behmor and second crack if you are running it near capacity.  Keeping it clean near the temp sensor is pretty important too.  You are one of the engineer geeks, and work a power plant.  Go talk to one of your I&C guys (the ones who DO actually keep the plant running and make the 'engineers' stuff actually work after extensive in the field on the fly modification  ;D )  Tell them to give you a big ole rheostat and dial it up to about 128 volts or so at load and you'll be amazed how well it performs then.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!