Author Topic: Issue with Isomac  (Read 2029 times)

Offline malighthill

• Standard User
Issue with Isomac
« on: July 22, 2019, 06:05:11 AM »
I seem to be having an issue with my Isomac Tea in which I'm not getting a lot of water to the group head.  Someone had told me that I needed to check the OVP (circled in yellow?) which seems fine.  I have noted that in the area circled in red; when I turn the machine on water water goes through, and returns out the rubber tubing back to the water tank.  It does this if the lever arm is up, or down for the grouphead. Does it sound like this valve and\or the 2-way solenoid valve need to be replaced, or should I be looking somewhere else?
TIA

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Issue with Isomac
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 03:33:18 PM »
Just out of curiosity, have you ever run some water with citric acid through the machine?

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 08:09:13 PM »
I had similar issues with my La Spazialle when I first got it. Turns out it was the gicleur orifice was mostly blocked with sediment or corrosion. If your OPV valve was stuck I bet you would see a lot of flow through your return line into the tank? Not familiar with those machines so don't know how easy it would be to check that.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 09:03:44 PM »
glop in it could easily cause the valve to get crap in the seat and not close fully, letting water leak by.

If you do decide to do some disassembly  be careful you don't booger up the valve.  Ive seen people use sharp objects to scrape in them to clean corrosion out and booger up the seat.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline phil1122

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 09:30:39 PM »
The Over Pressure Valve is used to regulate the brewing pressure.  It controls the pump pressure by by passing water back to the tank. Set it to 9-10 bar of pressure gage on right side. The item you have area circled in red is the OPV new valve 30$. The item you have yellow circle around is the pressurestat It sets the boiler pressure that is the gage on the left side. The screw is in center top is for adjustment. Turn the screw on the top about 1/4 turn counter-clockwise to reduce the boiler pressure.  It will take the grouphead about 15-20 minutes to fully react from a temperature standpoint. Your maximum boiler pressure should be 1.10 bar when the pstat cuts out. Clockwise increases boiler pressure and counter-clockwise decreases.