Author Topic: Javapresse manual grinder  (Read 1142 times)

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
  • "It's not easy being green"
Javapresse manual grinder
« on: August 29, 2019, 07:25:02 AM »
Hello old friends. Haven't been here in awhile, have migrated to tea.

(!)

But I still use my aeropress for iced coffee in Summer and a French press occasionally. I just bought this inexpensive hand grinder:

https://www.javapresse.com/products/coffee-grinder

I have used it exactly once but have to say I am impressed. Takes a few minutes like they all do, but the water mostly held behind an old disposable aeropress filter,

It has a huge number of Amazon reviews so figured for sure it had been tested here.

But the search box turned up nothing. Is there a thread on this? I would like to read gcbc experience with it, and not just because I despise Amazon....

;-)

-Paul
Catch and release - into the grease!

Offline 9Sbeans

• Standard User
Re: Javapresse manual grinder
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 11:54:32 AM »
It looks like a Porlex Manual Grinder. You may search “Porlex”, “Hario” or “Manual Grinder” for similar topics.

I still have a Porlex but haven’t used it since 2013. Basically it’s a capable grinder for the price. The ceramic burr is held by plastic and it wobbles a lot. Small burr doesn’t bite big beans and would take extra time to grind. The pentagon shaped screw matching the hole on the handle deforms overtime and causes occasional slippage.

I may still use it for light weight traveling but definitely not a daily staple.