Author Topic: Behmor Motor Gone, Worth Replacing?  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
Behmor Motor Gone, Worth Replacing?
« on: January 02, 2020, 10:49:55 AM »
My very well used standard Behmor gave an error 6, which I understood means the motor is bad. What’s a me motor cost, are there any videos on doing it?

Thanks.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Behmor Motor Gone, Worth Replacing?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 12:22:37 PM »
Have you tried the internet?
I believe Behmor's site has a video or used to on how to replace the motor.  it's not too hard to do, there are a few clips or so.  I replaced one on my very first behmor.   See if there is a reset for the code first, try resetting it and then starting it see if it comes back, so you know for sure it's the motor and not just a burp.  His website should list the directions to do this.  I think they may be slightly different between the old school ones and the newer ones so make sure you look at the right one.

How old is the Behmor?  how many roasts you run thru it?  If you did several hundred roasts then it might be time to move on from that one.  Also, if it's a few years old and been rode hard the quartz heating lamps may be ready for a replacement too.  I think they get weaker after a while so as long as you are in there tinkering, might want to think about that too.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 07:25:55 PM »
I don’t have a high opinion Behmor roasters. They don’t seem to be very well made, you truly can’t roast a pound at a time, and it’s extremely fussy about ambient temperature. I wish there was a better option in the price range.

Is there s way to vent a Fresh Roast roaster out of a window? I’m not sure how else I can roast when the weather is poor.

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 08:27:42 PM »
I'm willing to replace the motor, but I'm not the person to do it. I would definitely break something. Is there anyone here who lives in New England that could do this? I'd pay you, of course. Or maybe Ican send it to Behmor.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 04:27:59 AM »
When the Behmor first came out it was built like a tank and I loved them.  Now... well, I'll just leave it at that.

Roasting a pound might happen when it's brand new but difficult once it starts wearing in.
I know how you feel about the motor, I have one sitting here in half mast because I got into it and lost a clip and eventually said the heck with it.

I DO believe that Behmor does have a repair send in thing though, I would recommend looking on their website for info on  how to get the roaster to them to do this.  If you can't find anyone in the local area, any electronics repair shop should be able to do it too, but the price they may charge might be umm.... stunning.

Good Luck with it.
Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline rcmitchell

• Standard User
  • Where ever I go, there I am
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 08:34:28 AM »
Behmor does have a mail in repair service.  Used it a year ago for a burned out afterburner that I had tried to replace and failed.  They were quick considering it was during the holiday season, it took longer for the mail to get it back than it did for them to repair it.

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 08:36:42 AM »
I might buy a newer, refurbished model for $275.

Offline vnahmias

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 10:39:50 PM »
I have a 3 1/2 year old Behmor 1600 Plus. When it dies, I’m going to buy the new model. I figure there’s no point spending more money to keep it going when a new model might be a better investment.

Just my 2 cents...

Victor

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 05:30:21 AM »
Therefurbis an AB model, though I'm unsure where that is in the hierarchy.