Author Topic: Show Off your Roaster  (Read 25499 times)

Ray T

Re: Show Off your Roaster
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »
Here's a couple shoddy photos I took with my phone...

Sweet roaster, but better pictures would be nice i drooled a bit  ;D ok ok still drooling

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
Here's a couple shoddy photos I took with my phone...

Sweet roaster, but better pictures would be nice i drooled a bit  ;D ok ok still drooling

He's related to B|Fuzzy.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline shakin_jake

• Standard User
  • one over the 8th
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2012, 12:48:22 AM »
Nice roaster Nathan...I had the opportunity to roast with one almost two years ago to the day

http://www.shakinjake.blogspot.com/2010/04/roasting-green-coffee-beans-ym-2-ambex.html

But roasting the smallest run you can with the Ambex, it's 2 lbs and poor old Jake can't slurp espresso fast enough to use the beans before they are history...so it looks like I will be sticking with my Hot Top for a bit more

http://www.shakinjake.blogspot.com/2010/03/sight-i-like-to-see-new-bag-of-green.html

I really can't complain using the Hot Top B...it does everything I want a roaster to do, except of course, use gas for heat=:-)

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.
Of course it's dark, it's a suicide note
-Jeremy

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2012, 04:15:52 AM »
Nice roaster PozzSka.

Would be great to see it in all its glory with pictures from a decent camera.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

PozzSka

Show Off your Roaster
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2012, 06:21:53 AM »
I'll get some better pics soon, been busy, getting ready to move. Ahhh!

And to shakinjake, I can roast as little as 8oz if I'm very careful, but it is very hard to control the roast. I've done it before though. I regularly do 1lb batches.

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2012, 06:33:20 AM »
Had a chance to see a 240 kilo roaster in action yesterday. Very interesting operation. No photos allowed though. Talk about automation and computer control.

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion

Offline shakin_jake

• Standard User
  • one over the 8th
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »
I'll get some better pics soon, been busy, getting ready to move. Ahhh!

And to shakinjake, I can roast as little as 8oz if I'm very careful, but it is very hard to control the roast. I've done it before though. I regularly do 1lb batches.

~~~~one pound roast lengths would be doable for me...I'm currently starting my roast batches with 280 grams (somewhere around a 1/2 pound) and I'm roasting again 5 days later.  When I was using a Behmor I weighed out 12 ounces at a time and none of it ever seemed to get stale, so I would imagine a one pound roast length would do it for me

IIRC, the guy that I was roasting with using his roaster, he told me the YM-2 was set up to do 4 lb batches (approx., 2 kilos), but could or would do as little as 2 lbs but no less than 2 lbs., or so he said...  Perhaps that was the official party line, although as you say Nathan, you are able to roast less

Yeah, anyways, I've always wanted to use a gas roaster at home...thought I might drift into a U.S. Roaster 1 lb. sample roaster but trying to come up with the entry price...the cash usually finds a different route to take.  I've even thought about selling my motorcycle to fund the purchase,

as little I ride it anymore...but I can't seem to get enough courage to write the first draft for the sale ad...

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." 
Mahatma Gandhi

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2012, 04:35:13 AM »
I've even thought about selling my motorcycle to fund the purchase,

as little I ride it anymore...but I can't seem to get enough courage to write the first draft for the sale ad...

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." 
Mahatma Gandhi

I was able to roast as little as one pound in a YM2 as well. It's been a few years, but I don't think there was much control at that level. Now you are really talking my language Jake, bikes and beans! I don't know: KTM vs a 1lb roaster...maybe KTM vs a 10lb roaster, that's more like it. Of course, I always wanted an Adventure; too bad I don't have a roaster to trade!

I tried to buy an old Probat L12 off of a local guy a couple weeks ago with no luck. You see, its an addiction...or a cult: you can never leave the fold!

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion