Author Topic: Show Off your Roaster  (Read 25489 times)

Hananonn

Re: Show Off your Roaster
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 11:18:58 PM »
do' know if mine can match the $$$ spent but it sure gives me 5lb of mostly even roasts.
made it meself and me very proud. :wav:

Hananonn

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 11:58:18 PM »
You mentioned that drum on the package you sent me:p

That looks great indeed. Even better than the one I've seen on Sweet maria's franken-thingy (I am sure that pages is old news to all of you)
Any plans on offering to make this for members?
I am quite intrigued. Never would I admit I couldn't make that, but to say your execution seems very nice and I would love to roast with it!

Awesome!

Felix
It will be my pleasure, just say the word-pm me.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 08:58:54 AM »
Hanan,

Perhaps it would be kosher to put a thread in the Buy-Sell forum to showcase your drum, and make it a sticky.  If you're selling this thing of rare beauty, us brothers of the bean should be the first to know about it.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline nimbus

• Standard User
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 10:06:14 PM »
I have some more "proper" pix, but I think ya'll have seen it already. Here's an early "action" shot...

Probat L12
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
Associate Professor of Physics
Ivy Tech Community College
Bellarmine University

BoldJava

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 03:03:21 AM »
I have some more "proper" pix, but I think ya'll have seen it already. Here's an early "action" shot...

Probat L12

Probat L12...I was at a local roaster recently and they are in the process of setting up a Probat that roasts 90 kilos.  Let's see, 200 lbs of coffee at $2.50 a pound.  Just remembering some of my finer 'pooched' roasts as I learned machines.  Yow-zir...expensive learning lessons on that machine.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:02:15 PM by Joe »

kwksilver

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 01:46:59 PM »
Well since you guys kindly helped me with the temp cutoff on this guy, and since that sparked the making of this ultra cheap frankenstein.
I am obliged to show her off.

Felix

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 01:55:20 PM »

Probat L12

Nice!!! I love Probats, something about the cast Iron Drum just makes sense.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

tlohrey

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »
[DROOL MODE ON]
man oh man.....what the heck am I doing here on this site?  There's some SERIOUS roasting going on here......
[DROOL MODE OFF]

My humble setup (SC/TO)

Terry

Offline Monito

• Distributor
  • I have 4 coffee Roasters and I don't collect them!
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2008, 08:45:47 PM »
[DROOL MODE ON]
man oh man.....what the heck am I doing here on this site?  There's some SERIOUS roasting going on here......
[DROOL MODE OFF]

My humble setup (SC/TO)

Terry
I have that identical roaster, but has never been able to roast that even...nice!!!

Monito

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2008, 09:13:45 PM »
[DROOL MODE ON]
[DROOL MODE OFF]
My humble setup (SC/TO)
Terry

That looks like it can roast a pound or two ... how much is she worth?
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

tlohrey

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 05:23:38 AM »
Thanks, Monito...(Brazilian....always seems to roast evenly for me)

mp-can do a lb, but 12-14 oz seems to be the "sweet spot".  Built from all new components for ~$85

I'd be willing to trade for the Probat.....even steven  (although I don't think I could afford the shipping....damn)

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 07:52:55 AM »
Many of you have seen my roasting station, but for the new guys, here it is:

http://peter4jc.googlepages.com/

A few things have changed, like a new bean cooler, but the roasters have been the same for 3 years.  The take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.  50#'s/month in '05, 60 in '06, 73/mo. in '07.  No issues, no complaints.

tlohrey

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2008, 10:25:40 AM »
nice, peter...I'm intrigued by that adjustable 'woz' heat regulator....50-70# a month?  Holy smokes !!

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »
Hey Peter, thanks for posting your roasting setup. Is there a fan up there in your ventilation cabinet that isn't shown in the pics? Your bean cooler has sparked some ideas that I can't wait to try out. I'm off to buy a plastic tub and a sheet of plywood!!
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »
Yes, grinderz, there's a fan.  Actually, those pics were taken when the station was located next to my chimney, and had one 6" duct booster fan stuck in the hole where the old oil furnace used to be ducted.  I've since had to relocate the station.  Now it uses the same duct booster fan to blow up a 6" duct that runs through a closet on the first floor and into the attic where a 2nd duct booster fan helps out by pulling smoke up.

You can find the fans at Home Depot for ~$26.

If I were computer saavy enough, I'd post the drawing for my new cooler.  All it is is a box 12"w x 20"l x 30"h, with an angled baffle.  An 8" fan that can be bought anywhere sits on the bottom of the box w/ the round part of the fan stuck in an 8" hole in the baffle, blowing out the front of the box, which is cut away and replace w/ window screen.  What I like best about the cooler is its simplicity, and $12 overall cost.

If somebody can give me a clue as to how to draw and post the above ramble, let me know so I can start a new thread and not hijack this one further.