Author Topic: roaster control widget  (Read 56423 times)

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
Re: roaster control widget
« Reply #510 on: January 07, 2013, 02:40:31 PM »
I ran a test last night to see how fast the hottop can get 200 grams of green to 1st crack.

I used a harrar I had. 

Preheat to 175 for 5 minutes, charge roaster, bean temp dropped to 140.  1st crack was ~10:30 later with bean temp @345.
Isn't using 175 a bit on the low side? I use three drop temps, depending on how fast I want to roast: 215, 265 and 300. I normally roast 265g - easily gain a minute using 260 versus 215.

I don't know... the hottop from the factory has a 160 degree drop temperature...   I plan to play with that and see where tipping happens
The new Hottop B-2K has 168 degree drop temperature programmed. But the revised Hottop profiling note suggests waiting until 215. I have not seen tipping at ANY temperatures on the Hottop - I reduce heat prior to first crack. Last saw tipping on my first two Behmor roasts (in 2010), where I blasted the beans with 100% heat for the entire roast.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:46:46 PM by rgrosz78 »
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

Offline az erik

• Standard User
  • Never enough time
« Reply #511 on: January 07, 2013, 02:47:24 PM »
 That would explain why mine starts beeping at 167, couple times I missed it and dropped around 200. The PITA part of it is the 356 degree self eject if you're say.. talking out the trash or answering the wife as to why your out there again roasting.
Home:
Huky500 & 15kBTU + Artisan
Vivaldi S1 V2
Compak K6 Pro / Doserless conversion
Office:
Areopress and Skerton keep me running

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #512 on: February 05, 2013, 09:03:24 AM »
Oh, contrare senor... here is the animal you want, and only $125

Tricky part is installing in after the on/off pressure valve already in the sono.  You will need to do some gas plumbing.   you might need the signal conditioner... which is another $90, but maybe I'll include an amplifier in the interface board.

BTW, this is the modulator valve used in later Ambex models with full gas control

Is this the signal conditioner you are talking about?
http://www.combustiondepot.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1908
Is there anything else required outside of the arduino and tc4?

milowebailey

« Reply #513 on: February 05, 2013, 09:41:25 AM »

Tricky part is installing in after the on/off pressure valve already in the sono.  You will need to do some gas plumbing.   you might need the signal conditioner... which is another $90, but maybe I'll include an amplifier in the interface board.

BTW, this is the modulator valve used in later Ambex models with full gas control

Yes that's it, but I have never installed it, remember Tex stole my sonofresco.......

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #514 on: February 05, 2013, 10:26:49 AM »
I may attempt this sometime this year. 1st step would be controlling the valve to compensate for outside air temp.

Tex

« Reply #515 on: February 05, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »

Yes that's it, but I have never installed it, remember Tex stole my sonofresco.......

...and enjoyed the hell out of it!