Author Topic: SOLD for $760 - Houston, TX: eBay Futurmat Rimini  (Read 1266 times)

Tex

SOLD for $760 - Houston, TX: eBay Futurmat Rimini
« on: June 26, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
Here's a heads up on this 1-group Futurmat Rimini: http://tinyurl.com/nz43hl

It's made by Quality Espresso of Spain, the same company that made the famous Bunn ES-1A & "Shakin Jake's" Futurmat Rimini that he's rebuilding: http://www.qualityespresso.net/coffee-machines/futurmat/rimini.htm

I expect this to sell for ~$1000; MSRP is ~$4000, and it's selling for $3000 at Guido's: http://www.guidoscoffee.com/equipment/futurmat.php

I've yet to see a bad machine from this company. If I wasn't so invested in my current machines I'd be on this like stink on... ;-)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:04:21 AM by Tex »

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Houston, TX: eBay Futurmat Rimini
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 02:11:59 PM »
Hmm ... I think I've figured you out Robert ... you are an espresso machine Junkie.

;)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 02:37:54 PM »
Hmm ... I think I've figured you out Robert ... you are an espresso machine Junkie.

;)

moi?  :angel:

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »

;)

Within the context of someone who'd like to see everyone have the best espresso machine possible, then yes I'm an espresso machine junkie. Have to ever visited someone and had them rave about their steam toy or Delonghi super-auto? Have you ever had to bite your tongue to keep from hurting folks feelings when they start to brag about the expresso they make?

I post these deals online and if folks listen to my advice, fine. If not, well there's an ol' line about leading a horse to water..., and if he's too stupid to drink the water, put a .38 right twixt his eyes!  >:D

Offline shakin_jake

• Standard User
  • one over the 8th
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 10:00:06 PM »
In the event anyone here is considering bidding on this machine, the Rimini, be aware the heating element is not exactly 1500 watts as the seller states.  It is a 110 volt machine but the boiler element is actually two elements that can be wired together for a total of 3000 watts.  If you wire it that way you will need a 35 AMP single pole breaker and heavier electical line than is running to a 20 AMP circuit

The boiler elements are not equal length so one leg will require more than 1500 watts and the other slightly less

I mention all of this as I believe anyone thinking about buying this machine should consider the electrical requirements before purchase

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Tex

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 10:49:26 AM »

Offline shakin_jake

• Standard User
  • one over the 8th
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »
FYI: Rimini Sales brochure & owner's manual.

~~~And the QE sales brochure states the heating element is 3000 watts, not 1500 as the seller states

Caveat Emptor!

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Tex

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 11:27:52 AM »
FYI: Rimini Sales brochure & owner's manual.

~~~And the QE sales brochure states the heating element is 3000 watts, not 1500 as the seller states

Caveat Emptor!

Jake
Reddick Fla.

I wouldn't dispute whatever Guido & Icepick say is true!  ;D

But you're 100% correct Jake, caveat emptor!

Offline shakin_jake

• Standard User
  • one over the 8th
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 11:35:46 AM »
As you and I discussed Tex, a BTU is a BTU.  The Rimini's 7 or 8 litre boiler is designed to run on 3000 watts.  It can also heat up to proper pressure using one of the two elements

Where the Rimini would run into problems maintaining boiler pressure using less than full heating element electrical capactiy is a busy cafe where shot after shot is being pulled along with demands on the boiler water for steam and other hot water needs (Teas, Americanos)

Others may have better or different ideas

Jake
Reddick Fla.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 11:48:06 AM by shakin_jake »