Author Topic: Thermos test Stanley vs Rocky  (Read 4817 times)

Offline MMW

• Standard User
Re: Thermos test Stanley vs Rocky
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 06:47:28 AM »
IMHO, Stanley thermos it the best one out there. I've tried several different brands but none seem to have the heat retention of the Stanley.

Careful ... technically these are flasks ... Stanley is a make and Thermos is another make.  Sometimes for expediency or maybe by accident we refer to the flasks as Stanley or Thermos.

:)

But you don't need a Xerox to make xeroxes.  Or Kleenexes to use a kleenex. :)
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 06:53:24 AM »
IMHO, Stanley thermos it the best one out there. I've tried several different brands but none seem to have the heat retention of the Stanley.

Careful ... technically these are flasks ... Stanley is a make and Thermos is another make.  Sometimes for expediency or maybe by accident we refer to the flasks as Stanley or Thermos.

Ah ... again ... Xerox machine to make photocopies, Kleenex brand facial tissues to blow your nose.

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 07:02:44 AM »
I have a little smaller Thermos brand thermax insulated flask.... I will try and test it today... for those that don't want a half gallon of coffee per day.. I have had great success with it, my timing is 5 am fill, 9 am coffee, noon lunch and if there is any left a swallow on the ride home.  with the half gallon flask I would be thinking ht water for an instant style soup and fresh brewed pour over or tea...

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 07:11:31 AM »

Ah ... again ... Xerox machine to make photocopies, Kleenex brand facial tissues to blow your nose.

Come down here to Texas and order a coke from a waitress.  She'll ask "what kind, hon?" ;D
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 07:17:28 AM »

Come down here to Texas and order a coke from a waitress.  She'll ask "what kind, hon?" ;D

Ah ... she is simply confusing the generic term soda or pop for Coke which is a brand name for a dark, sugared caffeinated beverage produced by the Coca Cola company.

lp, 7-Ski

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 10:03:07 AM »
You got yourself a deal there John.   That is the all steel one right... ie if I drop the  thing onto the concrete from around 5 feet it won't shatter into a thousand pieces right?

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 12:33:34 PM »

I thought they were technically "vacuum bottles". A flask is not necessarily vacuum.

You may be right HGR ... it may actually be a "vacuum bottle".

lp, 7-Ski

Offline 4thJohn

• Standard User
  • Psalms 118:8
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »

Semantics.mp,
if I come to your house and say "lets go get a coke"i may get a DP and you may get a root beer.Technically we went to get a coke...   :-)
Pull shots left handed.    Is that like getting a little 'strange' in your coffee cup... 

Aaron

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »

Semantics.mp,
if I come to your house and say "lets go get a coke"i may get a DP and you may get a root beer.Technically we went to get a coke...   :-)

Generally we would go out for a soda or pop.  Specifically you had a Diet Pepsi and I had a Root Beer.

Its just a level of detail.

My 2 cents.

lp, 7-Ski

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 01:41:03 PM »
"pop" is a northern thing, you say that down south and they get all pissy about it.... go figure  ::)

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »
"pop" is a northern thing, you say that down south and they get all pissy about it.... go figure  ::)

Aaron

You're right ... that is a regional thing.  We call foot long sandwiches here subs, other places they are called Hoagies, others again are Po Boys.

lp, 7-Ski

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »
You got yourself a deal there John.   That is the all steel one right... ie if I drop the  thing onto the concrete from around 5 feet it won't shatter into a thousand pieces right?

Aaron

but if you run it over with tractor it will not necessarily hold 1/2 a gallon anymore

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
what im looking at is when I decide to have some fun and go wave jumpin in the puddle skiff and end up grabbing some air, and it's rattling around in the bottom of the boat for an hour or so ... it won't get busted.  or if I drop the thing putting it in the boat.

thats the perfect size, I wish i had it right now to be honest.  It's friggin cold out and hot coffee for a day fishing sure hits the spot.  I generally have no problems finding help to drink my coffee either.  Not that I am that expert a coffee maker, but compared to folgers, it's heavenly.

Aaron

Offline 4thJohn

• Standard User
  • Psalms 118:8
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 03:34:05 PM »

Semantics.mp,

Generally we would go out for a soda or pop.  Specifically you had a Diet Pepsi and I had a Root Beer.

My 2 cents.

mp,
I was chancuffing you....     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh yes technically if you are anywhere close to Waco,Tx.,DP is Dr.Pepper. ;)
Pull shots left handed.    Is that like getting a little 'strange' in your coffee cup... 

Aaron

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 03:57:02 PM »

Semantics.mp,

My 2 cents.

mp,
I was chancuffing you....     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh yes technically if you are anywhere close to Waco,Tx.,DP is Dr.Pepper. ;)

Aha ... I failed to recognize that you were chancuffing me.

;D
lp, 7-Ski