Author Topic: La Cimbali Jr Dozer Coffee Feed Lever  (Read 898 times)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
La Cimbali Jr Dozer Coffee Feed Lever
« on: February 06, 2010, 11:13:20 AM »
Well ... after about 3 years great usage of this used grinder I've had the first issue with it.  It is the spring return of the coffee feed lever on the dozer.  The lever used to spring back (I'm thinking there was a spring attached to it) and now it stays in the pull forward position I put it in unless I move it back.  I made a quick adjustment in my technique to manually moving it forward and backwards.  Should I look at fixing the problem (what ever it may be) or just let it be?  For you engineers and tinkers would you have any idea of what is happening and what I am up against?

If you can weigh in on this it would be appreciated.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

Re: La Cimbali Jr Dozer Coffee Feed Lever
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »
I'd fix it Mike - couldn't be much wrong. I can't find a parts diagram for your grinder, so I suggest that you contact Chris Coffee and ask their help.

FWIW: These dosers are usually easy to take apart and repair.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
I'd fix it Mike - couldn't be much wrong. I can't find a parts diagram for your grinder, so I suggest that you contact Chris Coffee and ask their help.

Would it be a spring that snapped off?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:22:51 PM »

Would it be a spring that snapped off?

???

Maybe - or a screw that backed out or a spring that came loose. Open it up & you'll spot the problem because there'll be pieces flopping around.

tpijag

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 01:40:36 PM »
I've an old cadet.
From underneath [where it doses out coffee] you should have a metal or plastic cover.
Two screws and plate removes. Whole mechanism is visible. Single return spring strung across two mounting points.

Attached is a parts diagram for 1988.

terry