Author Topic: behmor heat lamps can they be replaced???  (Read 811 times)

Dale

behmor heat lamps can they be replaced???
« on: February 27, 2010, 09:24:45 PM »
I have a behmor for about 2 years now and it seems like its not roasting as well as it used to.  I keep the inside clean and clean the fan area monthly and spray some canned air into the unit. I was wondering if you can replace the heat lamps on it?  if so where would you get those type of lamps?

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: behmor heat lamps can they be replaced???
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 09:43:45 PM »
have you tried behmor.com?    His customer service has been excellent the past few times I have had to use him, might want to try there first.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Ray T

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 09:45:45 AM »
Do both heaters glow ?  If so they are working fine. Check your voltage, also make sure area between screws on right side next to heaters is clean,I also found a lot of gunk in the rear exaust area. I don't think the heaters go bad they work or they dont..  ???

Offline MGLloyd

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:00:18 AM »
I wonder.  At times, I have noticed the top heating element does not glow as brightly as the bottom.  There is also at times a gray haze on the top element does not clean away with Simple Green or a cleaning cycle.  I wonder if it represents crazing of the glass.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd
Arlington, Washington  USA

Offline kelppaddy

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
Write to Behmor Tech Support concerning a fix for longer roast times on older roasters.  There is a mod they will give you after doing a couple of minor checks to make sure everything else is working ok.

kp

Dale

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »
I wonder.  At times, I have noticed the top heating element does not glow as brightly as the bottom.  There is also at times a gray haze on the top element does not clean away with Simple Green or a cleaning cycle.  I wonder if it represents crazing of the glass.

yeah I have that on mine too...

I wrote Behmor  support and already have done all those cleanings... next is to roast some beans and send my crack times to them per instructions sent...

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 06:22:32 AM »
You can replace the tubes, mine burnt out compleatly.   If one goes out, neither one burns.  Joe is sending me parts, does not seem to hard.  If you are a little handy should be no problem.

Thanks
Ringo
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

Offline kelppaddy

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 07:20:42 PM »
If one burns out they are both out is because they are connected in series which you can see when you take the left side panel off.  Replacing the top one shouldn't be too bad but if you have to replace the lower one, the nut to remove the neutral lead on the right side could be a problem.

kp