Author Topic: Pour Over Stations  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
Re: Pour Over Stations
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 04:50:11 PM »
I have use v belt pulleys as a mandrel to bend pipe.  Like on a lawnmower, or old cars.  The sand trick does help.  I have never tried it with copper but it should work.
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 03:57:22 AM »
It'd be like the iron one shown peter, only stainless.  The pipe would probably be a bit smaller diameter, and Id use the legs to make up for the support.  I was toying with a couple T's and perhaps elbows to make a leg set in the middle of needed for support / stability.   Ill have to toy around and see if I can come up with something if I get a chance next week.  If I do get something put together Ill definately post some pics for you.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

BoldJava

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 07:16:18 PM »
Pretty but pricey.  $69, http://orphanespresso.com  Red/Yellow/Black

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:18:27 PM by BoldJava »

BoldJava

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 03:49:24 AM »
UTube, Doug from http://orphanespresso.com with his OE pourover and the new Chinese kettle.  Note, Doug has removed the plastic tip that is probably just on the kettle during shipping. 2.2g coffee to 1 oz water, per PT Coffee.

Orphan Espresso is very generous during our Coffee Kids auctions. 

OE oneDRIP Coffee Dripper Station

FinerGrind

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 06:19:22 AM »
I like this and I like his coffee rig.  And he reminds me of Gandalf :-D.  I'll go look at their site and see what this costs.  I'm just not getting the finer points of the Aeropress but there is a pour over station in my future....

BoldJava

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 06:49:42 AM »
I like this and I like his coffee rig.  And he reminds me of Gandalf :-D.  I'll go look at their site and see what this costs.  I'm just not getting the finer points of the Aeropress but there is a pour over station in my future....

Ah yes, another one moves:

Plastic Aeropress => Porcelain pourover

The saints are rejoicing.

B|Java

milowebailey

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 08:12:03 AM »
Good video!  I like the explanation an that he says a bean or two extra is ok.   I understand the pour over station, the burr grinder, the Beehive, the kettle, and the method.... but what's the guitar for?  Do I need one for great pour over coffee?

FinerGrind

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 01:46:26 PM »

Ah yes, another one moves:

Plastic Aeropress => Porcelain pourover

The saints are rejoicing.

B|Java

Ha - just reread my post, and I wanted to say that I'm just now getting the finer points of the AeroPress.  I'm pretty good with the Chemex but that's as far as I gone into pour over.

Jeffo

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 02:18:08 PM »
Is the 'waste' necessary or a factor? Meaning, is there an advantage to not letting all the water fall all the way through so there is none left? Or am I just asking nonsense? I'm in football mode. I realize he is still using the prescribed dosage of coffee to water.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »
Check out the copper tubing pour over station in this vid. I think I have a new weekend project.
Monadnock

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »
Copper tubing pour over stand, prototype 1. This is just a dry fit of all the parts. Looks good so now it's time to clean, sand, and solder. I'll be making 2 stands, a tall and a short, that will nest inside each other. This is the tall version. Contemplating filling with sand for added weight. This one has about $15-16 worth of parts.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »
looks good to me... is it pretty stable front to back?? I was thinking t connectors and end caps on the bottom were you have 90s..  but I over design everything :D

the sand is a good idea.. it may make it hard to solder.. maybe solder the bottom half.. fill the bottom with sand and use ?? silicon sealer to stop up the pipe so the sand doesn't move, solder the top and then it will be more bottom heavy..

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »
Once it's soldered it will be plenty stable, but I thought the sand might give it some weight. It's about 4.5" deep and about 9" wide.

karlo

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 02:31:49 PM »
These are our two stations. I built the copper one first, wanting something similar to the Intelly style. The second one we built over the weekend out of repurposed wood & a vintage erector set. Definitely more stable than the copper pipe, but I didn't make an extremely solid base for that. Next step is to age up the metal a little bit, thinking about hitting it with some sand paper & a torch.

BoldJava

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 03:11:40 PM »
These are our two stations. I built the ...out of repurposed wood & a vintage erector set...

I just looked at the pictures and said, "Looks like an erector set to me."  It has been years...

B|Java