Author Topic: Laurentis Espresso Machine won't pump water  (Read 3292 times)

milowebailey

Re: Laurentis Espresso Machine won't pump water
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 08:22:56 PM »
Better yet, when you get the citric acid.  Remove the probe plug and put ~1/8 cup of citric acid in the boiler.... turn the heat on and let it sit for a few hours.... then run water through the group head, steam wand, hot water wand.... everywhere.  Sounds like it needs a full descale.

crholliday

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »
Joe, by the sounds of it, you are going to need to descale that whole machine. You can get it working temporarily but it is only a matter of time before you are going to be shut down again. From my experience with the same machine you own, the biggest problem you will face for a descale is draining the boiler. Mine had no drain so you have to pull the end off with the heating element. You could do an inline descale if you use citric acid instead of sulphamic or other more rapidly acting acid. You would need to do a significant and repeated flush of the boiler though to get it all out.

Good luck.

Chris

Tex

Offline Joe52

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
Yep I've already unhooked it and getting ready to haul it into my shop to start the process.Thanks for all your help and I look forward to a clean machine :)
You guys are the best !!!!
Joe
Fear not,O land;be glad and rejoice:for the Lord will do great things. Joel 2:21

Offline Joe52

• Standard User
Fear not,O land;be glad and rejoice:for the Lord will do great things. Joel 2:21

Tex

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 04:03:09 PM »
Descaling a HX: http://home.earthlink.net/~r_harmon/descaling%20a%20HX%20machine.htm

Thanks Tex !!!!

If the machine shows significant scale I like to remove the element, tap the exterior of the boiler with my leather mallet to dislodge the scale, and flip it up on its side and rinse the loose scale out with a water hose. Then reassemble it and continue with a regular descaling. It's a matter of scale (pun intended ;D).

Offline Joe52

• Standard User
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 07:41:59 PM »
Descaling a HX: http://home.earthlink.net/~r_harmon/descaling%20a%20HX%20machine.htm

Thanks Tex !!!!

If the machine shows significant scale I like to remove the element, tap the exterior of the boiler with my leather mallet to dislodge the scale, and flip it up on its side and rinse the loose scale out with a water hose. Then reassemble it and continue with a regular descaling. It's a matter of scale (pun intended ;D).

;DProjects mucho fun !!!! Thanks

Offline Joe52

• Standard User
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 05:52:22 PM »
Howdy Folks,

A few days after I lasted posted back in March I ended up going in the hospital for open heart surgery !!! So after all these months of recovery I'm just getting back to this project.I really miss my espresso machine.Its been out in my shop since last spring.The shop is not heated so its now on a table in our dining room.The heat is on to fix it now.

Joe

Tex

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
Well, obviously you survived the surgery, so let's get your machine pumping too. Please refresh our memories; what's it doing/not doing?

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 05:46:36 AM »
Glad to hear your back and kicking and descaling Joe52.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 11:12:34 AM »
Yep! Gotta keep those pipes running freely!
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Tex

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
Yep! Gotta keep those pipes running freely!

Hey, that's what my pee doctor always tells me! :) Then he charges me a fortune for an office visit and filling up his cup. >:(

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 11:44:06 AM »
Maybe you need to descale, too? :)
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2011, 12:03:08 PM »
Maybe you need to descale, too? :)

Are your shots coming out sour, in spurts?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

milowebailey

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »
Joe

Glad to hear you are ok.