Author Topic: Lever Espresso Machine - tips, tricks and magical stuff  (Read 16608 times)

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
Re: Lever Espresso Machine - tips, tricks and magical stuff
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »
Oh, the Achille... great machine.  long learning curve.  I'm finally pulling some great shots.

MVI 0828

Nice vid!

Tex

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »
Oh, the Achille... great machine.  long learning curve.  I'm finally pulling some great shots.

MVI 0828

Optical illusion or does the Achille really flex that much when you pull a shot? I need to fire up the LP Pro and see if it's that limber.

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 12:47:56 PM »
Since you dropped a vid in here, figured I would shoot a quick one before heading off to the Farmers Market in a hour or so.

http://shaundoreenevankeegan.blogspot.com/2011/09/some-lever-action-with-panama-elida.html

milowebailey

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »

MVI 0828

Optical illusion or does the Achille really flex that much when you pull a shot? I need to fire up the LP Pro and see if it's that limber.

It flexes, that's why I hold the portafilter handle.

Tex

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 02:02:43 PM »

MVI 0828

It looked like you were exerted a lot of force to pull that shot. Maybe you should grind a tad coarser - pulling espresso isn't supposed to be anaerobic exercise. :o

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »

MVI 0828

It looked like you were exerted a lot of force to pull that shot. Maybe you should grind a tad coarser - pulling espresso isn't supposed to be anaerobic exercise. :o

Isn't that called an americano?

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

BoldJava

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
Since you dropped a vid in here, figured I would shoot a quick one before heading off to the Farmers Market in a hour or so.

I pour much too slowly.  More rpm's, here we come.

Tex

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »

MVI 0828

Isn't that called an americano?

;D

Right Mike - Ha!

Hey, I was in San Antonio two weeks ago and stopped at a coffee shop in the barrio. Someone ordered an americhicano, and when I asked what that was I was told a double espresso, hot water, and a dash of unsweetened cinnamon. I learn something new every day!

Sherman

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 06:03:40 AM »
[Optical illusion or does the Achille really flex that much when you pull a shot? I need to fire up the LP Pro and see if it's that limber.

Yes, it does flex that much. One of the reasons why I never warmed up to the Achille was it's perceived build quality. I took it apart and was stunned at how little bracing existed in the frame, as well as how much of the internals were made of plastic.

Milowebailey, glad to hear that it's working out for you. You're a more patient man than I am...

Offline expy98

• Standard User
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »
you mean Pharoses :-).  Also, there's the redhead 3rd cousin from Milano for next time.
And Caravel looks naked w/out the lever...

milowebailey

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
My La Pavoni only had a single shot basket and that just won't do for me.  I had a heck of a time finding a double basket for my La Pavoni, but Google paid off again.  After a long search I found them:

http://espressocare.com/

has them in stock.... and for a better price than espressoparts.com who has them on back order.  Orphan no longer carries them.

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 11:09:02 AM »
Good to know. The one I borrowed is missing the double as well.

milowebailey

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 07:15:20 PM »
I got the basket today.  Fast service and they didn't gouge me on shipping.... small flat rate box.  I'll be firing up the La Pavoni in the am.

Tex

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
My La Pavoni only had a single shot basket and that just won't do for me.  I had a heck of a time finding a double basket for my La Pavoni, but Google paid off again.  After a long search I found them:

has them in stock.... and for a better price than espressoparts.com who has them on back order.  Orphan no longer carries them.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention - I have a few of the 51mm baskets.

milowebailey

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 08:12:38 AM »

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention - I have a few of the 51mm baskets.

ahhh, the old sonofresco syndrome.....  :) :)