Author Topic: RE: My trip to US Roasters  (Read 962 times)

taoscoffee

RE: My trip to US Roasters
« on: October 06, 2011, 06:53:27 PM »
I took a trip this week to US Roasters in Oklahoma City to pick up my rebuilt Ambex YM-2.  Since I took lots of pictures I wondered if you guys would be interested in a small review?  I got pictures of thoer warehouse and a few vintage Probats that were retored.

taoscoffee

BoldJava

Re: RE: My trip to US Roasters
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »
A-up.  Love pics of this stuff.  US Roasters rebuilt the Ambex?

taoscoffee

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 03:20:38 AM »
Yes they rebild the roaster.  There were several other roasters in various stages at the wharehouse; including a few Probats.  There was one belt driven probat I really wanted but was sold.

BoldJava

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 05:01:45 AM »
Sounds like a meet-up in Okla City might be in order for 2013...

http://is.gd/kY47lQ

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:38:32 AM by BoldJava »

FinerGrind

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 05:03:49 AM »
Yes they rebild the roaster.  There were several other roasters in various stages at the wharehouse; including a few Probats.  There was one belt driven probat I really wanted but was sold.

I took a roaster maintenance class and that was the USR model we worked on. Super easy access to all the parts that require the most attention. Very well designed roaster!

FinerGrind

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 05:12:36 AM »

I took a roaster maintenance class and that was the USR model we worked on. Super easy access to all the parts that require the most attention. Very well designed roaster!

My bad - I was viewing the picture on my wee ipod screen. The USR had a chain driven drum vs. belt. Still, USR roasters are well designed with maintenance in mind. Looks like it was a fun trip - I enjoy talking with roaster mfg'ers very much. I think that would be a fun job...

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 08:22:40 AM »
What is the capacity of the roaster in the picture?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 09:50:41 AM »
How much did they get for that Probat?

taoscoffee

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:08:22 PM »
to tell you the truth I have no idea on cpaacity or price.  This weekend i will post picture of some interesting toys I saw in the warehouse.  Some I knwew what they were and other like this picture I have no idea who made this thing.  The place is a treasure trove of toys.  when I get some time this weekend I will write about the trip and post the pictures on a public picture site.  In the meantime here is a roaster I couln not identify.

taoscoffee

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »
Also a few more toys until I wite about my  experience.  A USR sample roaster in blue and another roaster sitting in wharehouse.