Author Topic: Why isn't it possible for a company to build a good inexpensive 1 pound roaster?  (Read 9317 times)

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
Can we get back on topic?

I'm looking for a good inexpensive 1lb roaster, my budget is $12. It would be nice if the vendor also throws in 3-4lbs of green beans.

I have a Toastmaster Fluid Bed Roaster and 3-4lbs of green island coffee (from the exotic and majestic Republic of Dominica!) that is priced to move at $11.99 USD  ;)

I'll take it, as long as it comes with a lifetime warranty with a no questions asked guarantee. Oh, and on-site repair. Aaaaaannnnnnddddddd an occasional free house cleaning. Thanks.

wsikes

I'm looking for a good inexpensive 1lb roaster, my budget is $12. It would be nice if the vendor also throws in 3-4lbs of green beans.

I have a Toastmaster Fluid Bed Roaster and 3-4lbs of green island coffee (from the exotic and majestic Republic of Dominica!) that is priced to move at $11.99 USD  ;)

I'll take it, as long as it comes with a lifetime warranty with a no questions asked guarantee. Oh, and on-site repair. Aaaaaannnnnnddddddd an occasional free house cleaning. Thanks.
Eric,
I'll pay you $12 to keep the DR beans...

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper

Eric,
I'll pay you $12 to keep the DR beans...

Bravo, old chap!  That's the kind of post we're looking for!
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

EricBNC

Thank you for your kind offers of patronage - currently I am set up to take Paypal in Dominican Republic funds - fitting actually since it pays homage to the Goddess Caffeinia.  :D

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
Thank you for your kind offers of patronage - currently I am set up to take Paypal in Dominican Republic funds - fitting actually since it pays homage to the Goddess Caffeinia.  :D

Hahaha, that's awesome.

I don't remember drinking coffee when I was in the Dominican, though I seem to remember some rum being involved.

Tex

Dude, don't take everything here, and in most cases anything said here so seriously and at face value.  Very few of us do.   ;)
We all know that peter is a good trouble maker but have learned over the years to just ignore most of his rantings and ravings as those of a man being denied sufficient coffee.

It's not that you have to 'fit in'  or go through any 'hazing' or 'prove' yourself to anyone.   To be honest, it's when people stop 'picking on you' that you need to be worried  ;D
Nobody thinks you are an idiot, or a moron, or just 'stupid' because you are a 'noob' or even perceived to be a noob.

Think about it, if we really thought you were that stupid, we would not bother taking to you at all, I mean, why bother if you were stupid? ??? ?  We would just smile politely, point towards the big state at the bottom of the mess of them, you know the one near the middle of the mess and tell you that is where home is at and shoo you on your way.

Feel better now?

Aaron... the forum (_*_)

I'm not sure it's an insufficiency of coffee as it is a surfeit of frou-frou.

wsikes

I don't remember drinking coffee when I was in the Dominican, though I seem to remember some rum being involved. [/quote]

Staylor, I believe we would get along famously.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:43:34 PM by wsikes »

Jeffo

wsikes I can't help but notice our cat is starting to look like you in the winter when the hair grows.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Tex... I'll leave all of the "Light Work" for you... you can take care of Peter.  Looks like you're right in it already... keep up the good work.
Aaron... Thanks... if this is anything like real life I'll probably be a magnet for all the town, er, forum drunks... or more probably, a magnet for those who can't afford enough of their own wine, beer, or whiskey to get drunk.
All is good... just roasted a pound of Rwanda Bourbon and can't decide whether to brew it or just wash it down with a good shot... of whiskey.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Bill

Hmm???  Wilder Bill???

(Wild) Bill

wsikes

wsikes I can't help but notice our cat is starting to look like you in the winter when the hair grows.
Jeffo,
I'll take that as a compliment.  That's a good-lookin' cat!

Bill

wsikes

Tex... I'll leave all of the "Light Work" for you... you can take care of Peter.  Looks like you're right in it already... keep up the good work.
Aaron... Thanks... if this is anything like real life I'll probably be a magnet for all the town, er, forum drunks... or more probably, a magnet for those who can't afford enough of their own wine, beer, or whiskey to get drunk.
All is good... just roasted a pound of Rwanda Bourbon and can't decide whether to brew it or just wash it down with a good shot... of whiskey.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Bill

Hmm???  Wilder Bill???

(Wild) Bill

Not as wild as I was in my younger days... More like a member of the "Over the Hill Gang."  My wife just calls me an "Old Goat."  What does she know?  She tended bar and I was the bouncer.  The bar where I met her burned to the ground shortly after it the owner got shot and killed but in the day we never thought one little ole shooting was that bad as long as it was the other guy gettin' shot.   I really enjoyed bouncing at the bar where "Alabama" played when I was younger.  Lots of girls and hardly ever a fight. Those were the "Good Old Days."
Maybe I am just an Old Goat.

"Not-So-Wild Bill"

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
My wife just calls me an "Old Goat."

We already have Old Goat....

And Wild Bill..

You might have to settle for the Bearded Bouncer....or maybe the Bouncing Bearder. I like Bouncing Bearder.  8)
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

wsikes

My wife just calls me an "Old Goat."

We already have Old Goat....

And Wild Bill..

You might have to settle for the Bearded Bouncer....or maybe the Bouncing Bearder. I like Bouncing Bearder.  8)

Just call me "Sweet William"... cough cough.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Van Halen - Diver Down - Big Bad Bill
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

wsikes

Big Bad Bill is Sweet William now...
I like that.  I am big (6'1" 300+) but not bad (now).