Author Topic: Coffee Joulies ????  (Read 1866 times)

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Coffee Joulies ????
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »
Interesting item I ran across today:

Tired of burning your tongue on coffee only to have it get cold a few minutes later? With Coffee Joulies™ your coffee will be ready to drink faster and will stay hot longer. Each polished stainless steel shell is filled with a special phase change material that melts at 140°F. Put them inside your coffee and they absorb heat when it is too hot and release it back into your coffee to keep it at the perfect temperature. The Set of 5 works with up to 20 oz of coffee, one bean per 4 oz.

http://www.joulies.com/

Tex

Re: Coffee Joulies ????
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
Heat isn't the problem - I'm looking for a cup with inertial dampers so I don't spill so often.

milowebailey

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
Heat isn't the problem - I'm looking for a cup with inertial dampers so I don't spill so often.

Tex

May I suggest one of these?

or if you prefer insulated one of these

Tex

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »

Tex

May I suggest one of these?

or if you prefer insulated one of these

I couldn't have said it better! Commodian indeed!

milowebailey

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »
Interesting.  I'm about to hit the hottub.  29 degrees out.  I just dropped my Joules into a cup to head out there.  These things are great when it's cold out.

SJM

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 10:14:53 AM »
Interesting.  I'm about to hit the hottub.  29 degrees out.  I just dropped my Joules into a cup to head out there.  These things are great when it's cold out.

Where did you get yours?

milowebailey

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 10:41:15 AM »

Where did you get yours?
at the SCAA show last year

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 07:32:45 AM »
The magical phase changing material is probably wax.   Just think if you got a cup with it in the liner, kind of one of those insulated walled cups that had this stuff in the lining.  you would not have to worry about things clinking and rattling around in your cup then... or having to wash them afterwards either.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 09:00:13 AM »
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
Sale on Coffee Joulies
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 08:15:36 AM »
Just got an email today. Use coupon code Mothersday to buy for less than $50. Valid through 05/07.
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »

Jam your cup full of stir-straws. Pack 'em in tight. Cut 'em to length as necessary. The parasitic drag during flow, and the net capillary action, will defeat rapid motions of the coffee.

After several uses, you'll want to clean the straws. Since no pipe-cleaners are that small, use a large needle and draw damp string through all the straws on a weekly periodicity.

Works for me!

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 10:10:35 AM »

Jam your cup full of stir-straws. Pack 'em in tight. Cut 'em to length as necessary. The parasitic drag during flow, and the net capillary action, will defeat rapid motions of the coffee.

After several uses, you'll want to clean the straws. Since no pipe-cleaners are that small, use a large needle and draw damp string through all the straws on a weekly periodicity.

Works for me!

Have they made any progress on the nitrogen roaster?
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 07:19:19 AM »
Have they made any progress on the nitrogen roaster?

Not sure. Personally, I've moved on to nitrating the greens, then autoroasting by simply packing them tightly in a cannister and introducing heat by incandescing an embedded nichrome filament. The roast profile's a bit steep and there's only one crack, but when you're in a hurry and don't mind a dark roast -- oh, and it kind of grinds it at the same time.

Works for me!