Author Topic: Inker Cups  (Read 4630 times)

RobertL

Inker Cups
« on: July 12, 2014, 07:48:02 PM »
Does anyone have a source for Inker cups other than Orphan Espresso? It appears OE is no longer offering them. I emailed them last month to confirm but I never received a reply. I'm sure lido 2 is keeping them busy. Hopefully they will bring them back once things slow down.

smico

Re: Inker Cups
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:33:32 AM »
They were made in Croatia.  My brother lives there and he told me that part of the INKER company that was producing porcelain dishes was closed down.
Although, I see now that there is a spin-off company...  We are probably getting old stock. http://www.inkerpor.hr/en

Available @ orphan espresso wholesale
http://www.orphanespressowholesale.com/Inker-Cups_c_50.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:40:14 AM by smico »

ecc

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:20:31 AM »
Word on the street is that Clive Coffee will start selling Inker porcelain in the next few months. 

Orphan hasn't responded to emails about Inker in at least 6 months. I noticed their wholesale Inker page isn't linked into their site anymore, and the inventory hasn't been updated since Jan.

Or we could always do a group buy, I think it's around 400 cups minimum...

BoldJava

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:25:21 AM »

I talked with Barb about doing a GCBC "logo'ed" cup years ago but backed away:
1.  No logo - mine was just a simple online artsy letter design,
2.  Breakage - thought I would end up doing too many putzy claims.

Offline Intrepid510

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 07:47:45 AM »
Clive has them now but only white brown and mint just in one style but a few sizes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

ecc

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 07:50:50 AM »

I talked with Barb about doing a GCBC "logo'ed" cup years ago but backed away:
1.  No logo - mine was just a simple online artsy letter design,
2.  Breakage - thought I would end up doing too many putzy claims.

I was thinking of a Grounds for Health run at the beginning of the year, couldn't supply it.  I do have some boxes that might survive the opening Pet Detective scene ...

Ace Ventura Smashes Package

ecc

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 02:54:23 PM »
Clive doesn't foresee new colors for a while, mostly brown and pale green Tina models.

The Tina cap cups were nice, but I liked the Luna cap and espresso cups better, and the Highspot 10oz mugs. 

RobertL

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 09:25:43 PM »

The Tina cap cups were nice, but I liked the Luna cap and espresso cups better, and the Highspot 10oz mugs.

I was hoping to find some 10 oz high spots for brewed coffee. I did find a couple of substitutes at 1st line. They have the Not Neutral Lino and the Offero original cups. I also found Mug Revolution out of Oregon, handmade cups that are nice but expensive.

https://www.mugrevolution.com/mug-store/mainstay-mugs-0

Offline Intrepid510

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »

I was hoping to find some 10 oz high spots for brewed coffee. I did find a couple of substitutes at 1st line. They have the Not Neutral Lino and the Offero original cups. I also found Mug Revolution out of Oregon, handmade cups that are nice but expensive.

https://www.mugrevolution.com/mug-store/mainstay-mugs-0

If you like the mainstay mugs you should see if your local jr college or community center has a kiln, you could probably find similar mugs for five dollars or so.

Cammie

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 08:08:52 AM »
It appears that OE is offering Inker cups again. 

I was disappointed when they stopped selling them because I had put off purchasing them last year.  I checked this morning and was able to purchase some several sets of beautiful red Mocca and Tina cups.  I'm not sure how long they will be selling them so if you are interested in these cups, I'd grab some sooner rather than later.

RobertL

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 11:58:14 AM »
It appears that OE is offering Inker cups again. 

Thanks for the update. I checked unfortunately they don't have the high spots in stock but hopefully they are coming soon. I'm glad they are still going to offer Inker cups.

I checked this morning and was able to purchase some several sets of beautiful red Mocca and Tina cups.

I love the Mocca cups! I have them and the Luna cups for espresso drinks.

Offline 9Sbeans

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »
Placed an order of 2, 6, and 8 oz of Inker cups in different colors at the same time when I pre-ordered the first batch of Lido2.  Almost got a heart attack when I received a heavy box in terrible shape.  It turned out that those cups were nicely packed, and no one was cracked.   

However, Barb gave me various colors all in 6-oz size.  The overall price difference was negligible, and my wife just loved all these colors.  No biggie, we decided to keep them.  We are using a pair of them, and I don’t know what to do with the other 6-oz cups.  They are stored at the corner on the top shelf in a crowded cabinet.  When I occasionally notice them, they always give me a smiley quirky face: I just want more than I need.