Author Topic: looking for a missing portafilter  (Read 1287 times)

Offline dfluke

• Standard User
looking for a missing portafilter
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:11:55 PM »
I found an Emonec espresso machine and it caught my eye. It says "mini bar" on the front, and comes with a built in grinder as well. It's a 2 group machine. I'd probably never use the grinder. The guy selling it tells me that he got it from an old hotel and that all that goes with it is what is shown, which is a machine with no portafilters. It's pretty dirty looking, so I'm also not sure if things will even work on it.

I'm just sure there is someone that could provide some information on where I might be able to purchase a replacement, if one is available. I don't know really how universal portafilters are, or if it would even be worthwhile. This seems to be a pretty niche machine, because information on them is pretty limited.

This deal is also kinda starting to look like a money pit..and I'm sure I'd be better off saving a couple grand instead.
Thanks!
enjoy coffee on your own terms!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
Re: looking for a missing portafilter
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »
I would PM PaulM if I were you, unless he finds this topic. Is this the one you are talking about?

http://aristoservice.com/images/Used/DSCF0043.JPG

If so it is an expensive machine normally.

Joe
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »
Here is the manufacturers link:

http://www.informacija.net/podrobno.asp?narocnik=3576

I would contact them directly. But this is a Slovenian company ??? I had no idea they even make machines? i bet this is not manufactured in Slovenia.

Joe
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 02:13:54 PM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline dfluke

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 08:07:30 AM »
That is the machine, although the one that was refurb'ed is much nicer than the one I found.
Thanks for the information!
enjoy coffee on your own terms!

kwksilver

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 07:43:48 PM »

Why would you not use that grinder?
The grinder should have the MPN internals.
That is a decent grinder.

A couple of grand? If you are interested in the machine, how much are you supposed to pay up front?

Nothing in there can break to cost you two grand.
break the boiler and both HX and you are not looking at two grand. 

That both gets welded and not replaced without any compromise in safety.

break the motor and the pump and you are down well under $300 if you replace it with top of the line brand new items.
If you lust for one of these name your budget beforehand and his sell price and I can tell you if it will work.

A brand new boiler and brand new group heads are expensive, but that is never needed with cracks that you couldn't eyeball before the buy.

The pstat, the diverter valve, the pressure relief, the heating element, the transformer and the lucifer's make the 2nd wave of cost at under $100 each.

My bottom line for used commercial's is that I enjoy paying under $500 for those that are in good shape and of good brands. (For example if you got what Dante now has for $500 unrestored that would be good, overhauled a machien like that should be far above $1000)

A general commercial E61 or HX clone like this should be $150 used if in hell condition or $300 in better condition.

Really you don't incur more cost when they are abused, you just incur a lot more work. work= time You either enjoy that or hate it...

Used older commercial 2 groups are dime a dozen if you don't liek this one just troll for one that makes you feel fuzzy. 2groups with 220V generally sella  LOT cheaper than the compact 110V 1 group commercials!!

got space and 220V?  Go for the big boys.