Author Topic: Brewers that operate at 195-205 F  (Read 22886 times)

SusanJoM

Re: Brewers that operate at 195-205 F
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2009, 08:25:56 AM »
Sigr ... that is a great find ... especially at that price point ... and it brews at 205 degrees in 4 minutes ... I wonder if they have a thermal carafe version of this?

:)

I thought this thread was for models that had been found to meet those criteria by members who have actually tested them....
I'm skeptical of company claims.  On the other hand, I'll be interested if someone actually tests it.
I used to have a Melitta Fast Brew and passed it on elsewhere because it didn't seem up to snuff, but I don't know that I actually tested the brew temp.  I might still be able to borrow it back for a test if anyone wants corroboration (or whatever the opposite of corroboration is).

Susan

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2009, 01:56:09 PM »
I thought this thread was for models that had been found to meet those criteria by members who have actually tested them....
I'm skeptical of company claims.  On the other hand, I'll be interested if someone actually tests it.
I used to have a Melitta Fast Brew and passed it on elsewhere because it didn't seem up to snuff, but I don't know that I actually tested the brew temp.  I might still be able to borrow it back for a test if anyone wants corroboration (or whatever the opposite of corroboration is).

Susan

Good point Susan ... independent verification by one of our members lends much credence to the claims of the vendors.  Maybe I should restate it this way ... it sounds promising ... brewing at 205 degrees in 4 minutes ... we just need a member here to verify Melitta's claims.

My bad ... can we safely state it this way?

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

SusanJoM

« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2009, 02:47:51 PM »
Good point Susan ... independent verification by one of our members lends much credence to the claims of the vendors.  Maybe I should restate it this way ... it sounds promising ... brewing at 205 degrees in 4 minutes ... we just need a member here to verify Melitta's claims.
My bad ... can we safely state it this way?

Actually probably not a good point at all.  Your post was very clear that the manufacturer had stated, and when I go back to the beginning post in this thread I see that a tally is being kept of the machines which do and which don't qualify.  So....the Melitta Fast Brew is being brought up for consideration.....Duh...what's not not like about that.  I withdraw my objection...without prejudice...:-))))

Susan

Offline Sigr

• Standard User
  • "It wasn't out of date til I bought it."
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »
I posted Mellita because I am wanting to buy a new brewer
Like MP I am looking for one with a carafe that does 8 cups and doesnt keep heating the pot after brewing
so I dont think the Melitta is what I want. its Just there claims were interesting.
Susan I would really like to know the temps on the fast brew and why you did not use it?
I am leaning toward the The technovrm wish it were the price of the Melitta
Hints of wood and smoke linger in the air

BoldJava

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »
http://www.boneyardwings.com/brewers_2.jpg

I heard those brewers don't operate very well after they Traded Tony Gwynn Jr. to the Padres ;D
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Steve7

« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2009, 03:28:36 AM »
Life is too short, so buy the expensive Technivorm and be happy. I did, and I am.

mattquist

« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2009, 04:41:44 AM »
+1 for Technivorm.  I've had mine for nearly 4 years now without a problem.  I have the thermal carafe version and I just take the carafe with me to work.  I couldn't tell you how many brewers I've gone through before the Technivorm just by failures.  Bullletproof.  And makes a good cup, too.

Offline Sigr

• Standard User
  • "It wasn't out of date til I bought it."
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »
I purchased this capresso about a month ago.http://www.1stincoffee.com/capresso-coffeeteam-therm.htm
The best I can tell is the coffee is 185deg in the carafe.Very nice grind for drip no powdery grind, even
at the finest setting.No espresso grind.No grinding mess to clean up everything stays in the brewer not on the counter.
Only time will tell about the durability.
 The only draw back I see is that some ground coffee stays in the chute you have to brush it out
if you dont want it in the next pot.
My wife likes having only one machine on the counter and not having ground coffee everywhere

http://cgi.ebay.com/Capresso-CoffeeTEAM-Therm-455-10-Cup-Coffee-Maker_W0QQitemZ250478953450QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSmall_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item3a51b583ea&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 04:28:42 PM by Sigr »
Hints of wood and smoke linger in the air

Tex

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »
I had one of these for tailgating, then donated it to the church. Perfect heat control, and makes great coffee all day long.

Offline pm

• Standard User
Re: Brewers that operate at 195-205 F - Melitta Clarity giveaway
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2009, 04:22:26 AM »
edit
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:37:26 PM by pm »

Jeffo

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2009, 12:28:52 PM »
Our Presto Scandinavian finally died after a couple good years of use.

Offline harryho

• Standard User
  • It's a bit Nutty!!!
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2009, 01:13:58 PM »

That's pretty good for a Presto.

I still have mine. Works as my backup if I need to brew more coffee around the house.

Jeffo

« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »

I still have mine. Works as my backup if I need to brew more coffee around the house.

Do you do laps with it?

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »

Do you do laps with it?

diet coffee...