Author Topic: Guesso the 'spresso.....machine  (Read 3925 times)

milowebailey

Re: Guesso the 'spresso.....machine
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 06:41:07 AM »
I have no experience in, no manual, and not a clue, but I'm figuring that there's plenty of good advice floating here to help me through it.  Once I get the A/C and H2O plumbed, I plan on starting a rebuild thread to track it's progress. 

Bravo!! I think you will enjoy the ride!  Not only that if you rebuild it you will be able to service it, repair it, etc. in the future.

mattquist

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 07:21:35 PM »
UPDATE:

I picked up the machine and grinder for $200, and did a tear-down and clean of the grinder.  Everything works as it's supposed to, with the exception of missing one of the rubber feet on the bottom (will order a new one with parts for the 'presso machine), and some marks around the doser lid from what looks like where an idiot tried to pry the lid off with a screwdriver.  cleaned it up as best I could, and am pretty happy.

As for the machine, It's definitely a Crem Compact 2 (Expobar), with a 6Liter boiler.  Not as bad of shape as I feared, and am going to try and fire it up once I run a 220 line to my workshop.  I plan on doing a teardown/rebuild seperate post here, but wanted to also post a better pic for now.

Tex

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 07:25:12 PM »
Does that have a gas burner also? If so I'd hook it up to a natural gas line & run it that way. Cool looking rig - pull me a double.

mattquist

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 07:40:53 PM »
Does that have a gas burner also? If so I'd hook it up to a natural gas line & run it that way. Cool looking rig - pull me a double.

Nope.  Just Electric.