Author Topic: SOLD - Houston, TX: Bunn ES-A on eBay  (Read 3097 times)

Tex

Re: Houston, TX: Bunn ES-A on eBay
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 11:39:27 AM »
Only if you're one of those overly competitive yuppy types from the PNW! You'd have thought we were in an eating contest to see milo chowing down. The guy could threaten Takeru Kobayashi's claim to fame.

And heck no, I bought him lunch - of course I didn't see that he'd ordered two of everything on the menu! ;D

I don't know who Takeru Kobayashi is but I take it that it is a person who eats more than his fair share?

:)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqbCq_sxmo[/youtube]
Does this ring a bell?

milowebailey

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 12:06:20 PM »
When you go pick this up for me.......... make sure you pack it well!

Milo you already have a multi group commercial machine ... are you engaging in toy envy with Tex?

Envy.... nope, but would like to find a smaller machine for the beach place... and enjoy egging him on to acquire more toys

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 12:31:51 PM »
Envy.... nope, but would like to find a smaller machine for the beach place... and enjoy egging him on to acquire more toys

I see.  I guess you realize you don't have to egg on too much.

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 12:39:49 PM »
When you go pick this up for me.......... make sure you pack it well!

Milo you already have a multi group commercial machine ... are you engaging in toy envy with Tex?

See, I knew you were up to no good!

As you saw, the ES-1A isn't much larger than the Silvia - one of the reasons they're so popular.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »

As you saw, the ES-1A isn't much larger than the Silvia - one of the reasons they're so popular.

Yeah ... that would be a good machine to get for sure for the espresso aficionado ... the only thing that was a deal breaker for me was the plumb in thing.  I know ... you are going to say you can get the flow jet and yoyr on your way,  Here is one for you ... how about finding a mod to make it a pour over?

lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 01:02:51 PM »

Yeah ... that would be a good machine to get for sure for the espresso aficionado ... the only thing that was a deal breaker for me was the plumb in thing.  I know ... you are going to say you can get the flow jet and yoyr on your way,  Here is one for you ... how about finding a mod to make it a pour over?

I suppose you could switch the rotary pump and motor out for a vibe-pump and have enough room for an internal water reservoir? I know one user who just kept a one-gallon water bottle next to his Bunn in lieu of an internal reservoir. The rotary pumps are rated to suck water from an unpressurized source from 6 feet below the pump. I'd suggest putting a one-way valve near the pump to keep the pump wet when idle.

There's little that's not doable, given time & money, plus a flash of brilliance now & then!  :D

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 01:22:02 PM »
I suppose you could switch the rotary pump and motor out for a vibe-pump and have enough room for an internal water reservoir? I know one user who just kept a one-gallon water bottle next to his Bunn in lieu of an internal reservoir. The rotary pumps are rated to suck water from an unpressurized source from 6 feet below the pump. I'd suggest putting a one-way valve near the pump to keep the pump wet when idle.

There's little that's not doable, given time & money, plus a flash of brilliance now & then!  :D

Interesting ... about how much would that operation set you back?

lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »

Interesting ... about how much would that operation set you back?

Which part? The water bottles are ~$8 for two (fresh water & waste water), the one-way valve ~$10.

To remove the rotary valve & replace it with a vibe pump? ~$100 for the pump w/an adjustable OPV, ~$300 to fabricate a reservoir from sheet s/s & fit the necessary tubes - probably could do it for ~$500 overall.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »
Which part? The water bottles are ~$8 for two (fresh water & waste water), the one-way valve ~$10.

To remove the rotary valve & replace it with a vibe pump? ~$100 for the pump w/an adjustable OPV, ~$300 to fabricate a reservoir from sheet s/s & fit the necessary tubes - probably could do it for ~$500 overall.

Hmm ... it would cost more than the machine would cost you fully reconditioned.  Good reason not to bother with it ... spending the money making it a pour over that is.

:-\
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 10:57:14 PM »
Pictures from the seller. Looks like the anti-vacuum valve has been leaking ($30). Other than needing to be soaked in citric acid bath, this one looks pretty good.

http://home.earthlink.net/~abcdef012345/Houston%20Bunn%20ES-1A.pdf