Author Topic: grinders  (Read 784 times)

sduck27

grinders
« on: November 03, 2009, 04:36:30 PM »
i going to buy a grinder but not ready to make the big step to espresso but might be in the future.  Would both or neither be good for espresso and reg drip,vac pot, chemex, pour over etc. the two grinders i'm considering are the le lit plo43 and the cunhill tranquilo?

thanks
Steve

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Re: grinders
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »
I don't have either but I think people use both for espresso.

The Tranquilo has a lot of followers....I might choose it just because of that but in your case maybe either one will be just fine.

I'd confirm with somebody that already has the one you decide on for the specifics. 
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 09:04:17 PM »
If you are going for espresso then Cunhill Tranquilo is the better IMHO.  If you are looking for pour over, drip, press pot maybe you should check out Baratsa.  A refurbished Baratsa  Maestro would set you back $63 plus shipping.  Decent price for a good grinder.  You can check that out here.

Hope that helps.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline doubleosoul

• Standard User
  • Blues ain't nothing but a good woman gone bad
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:55:12 PM »
I scored a new Cunill back in January and love it ( I do call it names though, "The Ugly Giant"). But...it's been pretty great for my espresso. Now, that said I just won a newish Mazzer off greedbay on the weekend so I'll be relegating the Cunill to press pot grind. But that's nothing to be ashamed of...lol.
"Why don't you come on board Brother, and believe in me? And for a small fee, I'll set you free, near thy God to thee." Daddy Rich/Car Wash/Richard Pryor