Author Topic: Gaggia Classic makes a great stocking stuffer!  (Read 1040 times)

Tex

Gaggia Classic makes a great stocking stuffer!
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:29:04 AM »
$499 w/free S&H - 25% discount (ex: shipped to Texas = $374)

$399.99 w/free S&H + state sales tax (ex: shipped to Texas = $432)

Both are great prices for one of the two best single-boiler/dual-use home espresso machines made.

Gompas

Re: Gaggia Classic makes a great stocking stuffer!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 07:43:01 AM »
Damn.  Damn.  Damn.  Damn. Nno, no, no, no, this doesn't mean it has to go to HT.

But it just might mean I have to return the one I ordered from Costco and order one from WLL.  In CA the tax on that Classic is $36.00 which brought my cost up to $435.

On the other hand, I really don't trust WLL to behave properly if I have any issues at all with it. 

Oh what to do?  what to do?  I think maybe the $60 differential just might be worth the peace of mind that any issues will be resolved not less than a couple of miles from my house and without so much as a raised eyebrow.

Yup....I'm keeping the one from Costco that shipped today....How's that for holding a grudge against WLL.  For $60 they still can't get my business.....

Susan

Tex

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 08:01:12 AM »
Damn.  Damn.  Damn.  Damn. Nno, no, no, no, this doesn't mean it has to go to HT.

But it just might mean I have to return the one I ordered from Costco and order one from WLL.  In CA the tax on that Classic is $36.00 which brought my cost up to $435.

On the other hand, I really don't trust WLL to behave properly if I have any issues at all with it. 

Oh what to do?  what to do?  I think maybe the $60 differential just might be worth the peace of mind that any issues will be resolved not less than a couple of miles from my house and without so much as a raised eyebrow.

Yup....I'm keeping the one from Costco that shipped today....How's that for holding a grudge against WLL.  For $60 they still can't get my business.....

Susan

If you have further problems with WLL I'll bet that Todd would like to hear about it!

Of course, I'd buy from Costco, but then I own stock in them and not WLL.

Gompas

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 08:07:31 AM »
If you have further problems with WLL I'll bet that Todd would like to hear about it!

Actually I don't think so, which is why he/they won't get another chance to disappoint me. 

Costco NEVER disappoints me.

Susan

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 08:19:09 AM »

Actually I don't think so, which is why he/they won't get another chance to disappoint me. 

Susan

Agreed.  They look after their customer's well!

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 08:23:44 AM »

Susan

Agreed.  They look after their customer's well!

:)

ditto that - 40 years from now your grandkids can return the Classic you buy tomorrow. Nothing like Costco's 100% satisfaction guarantee!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 08:35:14 AM »
You must have one huge frikkin' stocking. :o

Tex

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »
You must have one huge frikkin' stocking. :o

Big feet means...

I hang a body bag!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:15:25 AM by Tex »