Author Topic: Looking for a Glass Funnel Thingy  (Read 1013 times)

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Looking for a Glass Funnel Thingy
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:40:22 AM »
I've been thinking about build my own cold brew device and I would like to procure a glass funnel thingy with drain valve like what is pictured below:

Any ideas on where to find one? I'm in the process of contacting Yama to see if it's available as a replacement part. Searches for glass funnel only turned up lab equipment.

Tex

Re: Looking for a Glass Funnel Thingy
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:48:06 AM »
I think these are elegant looking. Best used for a mad-scientist rig.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:42:37 AM »
I hadn't gotten a reply from Northwest Glass so I just called them. I can get a replacement funnel for the Yama cold brewer, as in the picture above, for $50.

Tex

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »
Well, if you change your mind there are always options. I like this B|Baaa goat milker!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:19:08 AM »
Tex,

I'm glad you linked to that website. They have the most reasonably priced lab glassware I have found. I may actually be able to afford to build a Siphon Brewing Apparatus.

Tex

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »
Tex,

I'm glad you linked to that website. They have the most reasonably priced lab glassware I have found. I may actually be able to afford to build a Siphon Brewing Apparatus.

I've bought a few things from them over the years - pretty easy to deal with. I've always wondered about building a glass still?

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 12:49:33 PM »
Tex,

I've bought a few things from them over the years - pretty easy to deal with. I've always wondered about building a glass still?

How much would that run you and what would the capacity be?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski