Author Topic: Big fat spout Aroma kettle  (Read 3232 times)

smico

Re: Big fat spout Aroma kettle
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 07:50:31 AM »
I will ahve that in mind as I also have Accord.  .   .

I assumed you drove a Yugo <grins>.
Nope.  You fall for steorotypes my friend.  LADA was my first car.
Sold it to our cousin, and still goes strong

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 10:43:51 AM »
Peter, when I tried to bend mine forward it kinda sprung the whole cotter pin.  When I was browsing through the drawer of cotter pins at the hardware store they had them in brass, aluminum, stainless, and steel.  I think this one is steel, since it looked like the right size but this size was only available that way.

If you bend the loop downward, and the legs open up, you can hold the loop from the side w/ a pliers and then bend that upward leg back down again.

My cotter pin was aluminium, so it bent easier.  If I was doing it again I'd use stainless, even if it is harder to bend.  If yours is steel that's gonna rust.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

SJM

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »
Peter, when I tried to bend mine forward it kinda sprung the whole cotter pin.  When I was browsing through the drawer of cotter pins at the hardware store they had them in brass, aluminum, stainless, and steel.  I think this one is steel, since it looked like the right size but this size was only available that way.

If you bend the loop downward, and the legs open up, you can hold the loop from the side w/ a pliers and then bend that upward leg back down again.

My cotter pin was aluminium, so it bent easier.  If I was doing it again I'd use stainless, even if it is harder to bend.  If yours is steel that's gonna rust.

Thanks, Peter, and I think I must have figured out that bit about rust because I see I did get the Stainless ones.  They are 3/32 X 1.

Susan