Author Topic: Would you buy Newco OCS-8 over OCS-12/12A because of glass liner in OCS-8 vs ...  (Read 1065 times)

sstalwar

Would stainless steel liner in OCS12/12A carafe leaves any metalic taste to the coffee? I like the stainless outer of 12/12A but glass liner of the 8. Can anyone chime in..

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Would stainless steel liner in OCS12/12A carafe leaves any metalic taste to the coffee? I like the stainless outer of 12/12A but glass liner of the 8. Can anyone chime in..

I think that got discussed some where in this thread ???  I for one like the durability of the SS and have noticed no off flavors in my pour overs, maybe my palette is not matured yet :P

sstalwar

Thanks J.Jirehs Roaster,

Wonder if you can make 1/2 pot or 1/4 pot of coffee in OCS-12A (automatic version)? Can any body who owns 12A confirm this? Thanks.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Thanks J.Jirehs Roaster,

Wonder if you can make 1/2 pot or 1/4 pot of coffee in OCS-12A (automatic version)? Can any body who owns 12A confirm this? Thanks.

I believe you can, like any other brewing method you adjust your water and your coffee (possibly the size of grind) to match the desired quantity...  did you find an alternate source for OCS brewers?? we have had little luck in getting any from Newco lately...  I find that a pour over gives me full control (requires a little patience and a little too much of my attention some mornings) the vac pots are excellent (after a brief learning curb) and exceptional after an extended dialing in process... 

I have come to the conclusion (since falling climbing down the GCBC rabbit hole) that if one is going to concern them selves with the taste of glass vs Stainless carafes than ones money is better spent on an electric kettle and numerous coffee brewing toys to go with it.  ;)

pour over

press pot
vac pot
aero press
etc.