Author Topic: I just picked up another Silex  (Read 1432 times)

Tex

I just picked up another Silex
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:13:06 PM »
It's not as old as my others, but it's one I didn't have.

I'd say it dates to the 50's or maybe even the 60's?

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: I just picked up another Silex
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 06:28:26 AM »
How many you got now?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:39:20 AM »
Nice score Robert

Tex

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
This is my 12th Silex, plus assorted others. I really want a nice Ruby or Victory.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »
This is my 12th Silex, plus assorted others. I really want a nice Ruby or Victory.

:o
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 09:18:07 AM »
If you ever see one these let me know.

Tex

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 01:30:16 PM »
It's not as old as my others, but it's one I didn't have.

I'd say it dates to the 50's or maybe even the 60's?

It's a Silex Regent - I still need to find out when it was made, what accessories were included, ??.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »

BoldJava

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 03:39:15 PM »
It's a Silex Regent - I still need to find out when it was made, what accessories were included, ??.

Tex, I will admit to admiring it.  Just short of envy.  But I struggle with the effeminate look -- for you.  You are the one with concerns about frou-frou on espresso but you don't carry that same bias over into your vacpot collection.  Why I bet you have some of those units sitting on doilies. Goodness... <grins>

B|Java

Tex

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 05:56:35 PM »

Tex, I will admit to admiring it.  Just short of envy.  But I struggle with the effeminate look -- for you.  You are the one with concerns about frou-frou on espresso but you don't carry that same bias over into your vacpot collection.  Why I bet you have some of those units sitting on doilies. Goodness... <grins>

B|Java

No doilies.

BoldJava

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 06:06:53 PM »

No doilies.

So what's that white thingamajig in the center, bottom shelf?  Same with 3rd shelf up from bottom?  Beach towels? 

Tex!

B|Java

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »

No doilies.

So what's that white thingamajig in the center, bottom shelf?  Same with 3rd shelf up from bottom?  Beach towels? 

Tex!

B|Java

Busted.

Tex

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 05:44:00 AM »

No doilies.

So what's that white thingamajig in the center, bottom shelf?  Same with 3rd shelf up from bottom?  Beach towels?  

Tex!

B|Java

Mrs T insists on adding feminine touches to my stuff! I remove 'em when I spot 'em, but it's back again in a few days. Today I noticed some humorous additions. What's a husband supposed to do?

BoldJava

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 05:47:26 AM »

Mrs T insists on adding feminine touches to my stuff! I remove 'em when I spot 'em, but it's back again in a few days. Today I noticed some humorous additions. What's a husband supposed to do?

Now them's some words with which I can identify.  It is just in this household, the Czarina's tastes are better than mine.  Fortunately, she gave up doilies years ago.

Tex

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 06:02:34 AM »

Now them's some words with which I can identify.  It is just in this household, the Czarina's tastes are better than mine.  Fortunately, she gave up doilies years ago.

Since my tastes run to industrial chic, everyone has better taste than me. But Mrs T put Xmas candles on my espresso machine one year. The timer came on an hour before the alarm and I spent a week cleaning wax out of my Nuova Simonelli. So now we have an understanding; she can decorate the stuff in the shrank, but the coffee nook is off limits!

I've got a Victoria Arduino Venus Family due back from the polisher this week, and I can hardly wait to see her decorate with it. Then there's the Brasilia Belle Epoque that I'll be rebuilding this fall - I think she's waiting to see what Larry's wife does with/to his to get some decorating ideas.

To paraphrase a wise quote: I'm much better off with her than without her!