Author Topic: Gaggia New Baby versus Gaggia Classic  (Read 838 times)

texatdurango

Gaggia New Baby versus Gaggia Classic
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:19:16 PM »
Trying to stay within my budget I decided to buy a Gaggia "New Baby" espresso machine so ordered one last week and it arrived today BUT... what I got was a Gaggia "Classic" model machine.

I am NOT an espresso machine expert and from what I can see after pouring over the fact sheets on both models, there is little difference in the two machines other than one is a bit more expensive than the other.

Does anyone out there know if there are enough differences between the two machines to make a fuss over?  I'm upgrading from an inexpensive Krups model so probably either machine would be a great improvement.

Any thoughts?

Gime2much

Re: Gaggia New Baby versus Gaggia Classic
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:43:16 PM »
Send whomever you purchased it from roses you lucky SOB!!!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
Top of the line is the Classic.  Gaggia Baby is next one down.  Either is a great step above what you have.

What grinder do you have?

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

EricBNC

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:40:28 PM »
It depends - did you originally pick the New Baby over the Classic based on price or appearance?  If it was price, then a fuss would be much ado about nothing. If you went for the New Baby based on water reservoir access, a certain style or color, or wanting a poly housing since it is rust proof, then it might be worth a phone call. On principle alone, I would have a hard time with spending several hundred dollars and not getting what I ordered without my approval for the swap - I did not see any mention of prior communication in the original post.

Tex

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 12:07:53 AM »
I'd rate the Classic as a 5 point favorite; based on style, superior switches, better OPV & steam valve,  and the stainless exterior will be bullet proof.

The pump, boiler, & 3-way valve are identical in both machines.