Author Topic: bodum cup  (Read 882 times)

milowebailey

bodum cup
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:48:09 AM »
I got one of these in a white elephant gift exchange (I just happened to pick the package with it in it.... nobody stole it and by am I glad.  Great for a latte or for cupping.... I might have to buy a few of them.  8 oz

blzrfn

Re: bodum cup
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:52:37 AM »
I like the looks of that cup.  Is it double walled?

milowebailey

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 08:56:07 AM »
I like the looks of that cup.  Is it double walled?
No, I don't think they are, but porcelain doesn't transfer heat well so the drink stays hot.

Here are the specs.

# Silicone sleeve
Protects your hand from excessive heat and prevents the cup from slipping out of your hand.
# Suitable for use with hot or cold items
So you can enjoy coffee, juice and more.
# Dishwasher- and microwave-safe design
Allows for easy cleanup or reheating.
# Porcelain construction
For durability.

blzrfn

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:04:37 AM »
I actually prefer a bit of heat loss in my cups.  I don't like coffee scalding hot and enjoy tasting the transformation as it cools.  I have used double wall glass cups and it keeps the coffee/espresso too hot to enjoy in a reasonable amount of time.  I may have to add a few of these to my wish list. 

Tex

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »
I prefer my double wall Bodums. Someone gave me one of the sleeved cups and I never use it, but you'll never guess why. ??

RobertL

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »
I picked a set similar to these a couple of days ago at my local Marshall's except they are the 15oz. They were marked down to $7.99 odd thing is that the boxes didn't have the cup capacity anywhere on them. I was surprised when I got home and found out they were 15oz I would have rather had a smaller cup.

RobertL

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »
I prefer my double wall Bodums. Someone gave me one of the sleeved cups and I never use it, but you'll never guess why. ??

It has a Starbucks emblem on it? I prefer the double wall also my everyday cup is a Bodum Canteen.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »

Because your hand shakes?

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski