Author Topic: Bunn User's Group (BUG) annual owners convention  (Read 2450 times)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Bunn User's Group (BUG) annual owners convention
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »
What a wonderful time in Pearland!!!  I'm clearing a space already for the roaster, and the Toyota you gave me got great mileage on the way home... made it in just a few hours too - fast little Camry.     ;)

Well Robert ... I just want to say that was mighty nice of you to give your friend a car and a roaster along with a pound of roasted coffee with it.  You've certainly displayed a selfless act of friendship.

Way to go Big Guy!

:wav:
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline dmankin

• Standard User
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 08:53:50 PM »
What a wonderful time in Pearland!!!  I'm clearing a space already for the roaster, and the Toyota you gave me got great mileage on the way home... made it in just a few hours too - fast little Camry.     ;)

Well Robert ... I just want to say that was mighty nice of you to give your friend a car and a roaster along with a pound of roasted coffee with it.  You've certainly displayed a selfless act of friendship.

Way to go Big Guy!

Not THAT generous... the car was almost completely out of gas, fer cryin' out loud!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 08:56:50 PM »
Not THAT generous... the car was almost completely out of gas, fer cryin' out loud!

You're right ... how dare he ... send it up here ... I'll fill her up and test drive her around for a few years ... will give you full report after.

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline shakin_jake

• Standard User
  • one over the 8th
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 11:17:54 PM »
We did go out to dinner and David wanted to know if the offer I made Milio was still on the table: Obtain the antique Atomic moka pot for me in exchange for the Sonofresco?

He was drooling over the roaster so much that I think I'll toss it in the back of the car the next time I visit the D.C. area. It seems like a fair trade for the custom T-shirt he had made at great expense. He did say he'd toss in his UFO/CO, but I aleady have one, and he might need a backup for the Sonofresco at some point.

~~~Each BUG member gets a t-shirt right?  Spread the shwag, Share the love=:-)

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Tex

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 09:16:37 AM »

Way to go Big Guy!

The car belongs to my neighbor; she left me the keys so the dealer could pick it up for some maintenance work. I didn't really mean David could have it - I jokingly said since he was practically stealing milo's roaster he might as well take the car too. He dumped the Sonofresco in the back seat and took off before I could explain that it was all a joke. The neighbor lady has activated the LoJack and has alerted the authorities in Virginia!

Tex

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 09:28:17 AM »
We did go out to dinner and David wanted to know if the offer I made Milio was still on the table: Obtain the antique Atomic moka pot for me in exchange for the Sonofresco?

He was drooling over the roaster so much that I think I'll toss it in the back of the car the next time I visit the D.C. area. It seems like a fair trade for the custom T-shirt he had made at great expense. He did say he'd toss in his UFO/CO, but I aleady have one, and he might need a backup for the Sonofresco at some point.

~~~Each BUG member gets a t-shirt right?  Spread the shwag, Share the love=:-)

Jake
Reddick Fla.

I told David he should have some made up & sell them on the BUG forum.

BTW: I tweaked his original design - here's what it really looks like.

Offline dmankin

• Standard User
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »

Way to go Big Guy!

The car belongs to my neighbor; she left me the keys so the dealer could pick it up for some maintenance work. I didn't really mean David could have it - I jokingly said since he was practically stealing milo's roaster he might as well take the car too. He dumped the Sonofresco in the back seat and took off before I could explain that it was all a joke. The neighbor lady has activated the LoJack and has alerted the authorities in Virginia!

I'm not worried... I have one of THESE...