Author Topic: Lack of deals on Craig's List or eBay  (Read 724 times)

Tex

Lack of deals on Craig's List or eBay
« on: October 03, 2009, 12:19:01 PM »
Have we absorbed all of the surplus roasters, grinders & espresso machines? It's been a long time since I've seen a great deal on any of them (in fact not since Larry got his Ambex & Elektra).

Maybe after everyone gets their new Xmas toys some excess inventory will begin to show up.

Offline anastasio

• Standard User
  • Home roasting since 2008
Re: Lack of deals on Craig's List or eBay
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 04:08:09 PM »
You're not kidding. I just started looking for my first espresso machine. Nothing to really nibble at yet.
You'd think people would be dumping extra stuff to get some Christmas $  :)

After reading quite a few posts about a good first machine, I have started searching for a Silvia or a Gaggia Classic.
Anything else I might want to keep an eye out for in the under $500 market (used or refurbished)?

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 04:17:27 PM »
It seems to go in cycles.  For a time there seemed to be deals popping up everywhere and now there isn't one to be found anywhere.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 04:19:11 PM »
You're not kidding. I just started looking for my first espresso machine. Nothing to really nibble at yet.
You'd think people would be dumping extra stuff to get some Christmas $  :)

After reading quite a few posts about a good first machine, I have started searching for a Silvia or a Gaggia Classic.
Anything else I might want to keep an eye out for in the under $500 market (used or refurbished)?

grinder... I have not jumped in to the espresso maker pool but I have learned... grinder is key, buy a good grinder and a junky esspresso machine and you will be closser to good espresso than if you have a bad grinder

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »
Have we absorbed all of the surplus roasters, grinders & espresso machines? It's been a long time since I've seen a great deal on any of them (in fact not since Larry got his Ambex & Elektra).

Maybe after everyone gets their new Xmas toys some excess inventory will begin to show up.
It seems as though the drought is over.  I suggest a new forum for Craig's-list/e-Bay heads-up posts.
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac