Author Topic: A bit of lever action  (Read 46449 times)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: A bit of lever action
« Reply #645 on: June 23, 2012, 10:25:53 AM »
Dave,

You're on!!!

Remember, no reprints from Shaun or Milo for your post!!!  ;D

Shaun, sure but Milo?!  I would rather become a sheep than borrow his slop <wink>.

;D

We might need proof that it's B|latte' made it.  Maybe the Czarina should take the photo of Dave the sheep Goat with his pour poor!

There ... I corrected that for you.

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

jspain

« Reply #646 on: June 23, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
Dave,

You're on!!!

Remember, no reprints from Shaun or Milo for your post!!!  ;D

Shaun, sure but Milo?!  I would rather become a sheep than borrow his slop <wink>.

;D

We might need proof that it's B|latte' made it.  Maybe the Czarina should take the photo of Dave the sheep with his pour poor!

I like Larry's thinking!!!! I know Dave will have something up his sleeve other than arm hair!!!? This is going to be like taking candy from a GOAT!

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #647 on: June 23, 2012, 08:21:11 PM »
From this morning.

jspain

« Reply #648 on: June 24, 2012, 04:57:36 AM »
Shaun,

You're spoiling the voter base! Nice work my friend!

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #649 on: June 24, 2012, 06:42:52 AM »
Dave sent me a photo of a latte pour he did on Friday.  No witnesses, but he's on honest guy, right?

Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

BoldJava

« Reply #650 on: June 24, 2012, 06:47:33 AM »
Dave sent me a photo of a latte pour he did on Friday.  No witnesses, but he's on honest guy, right?

I couldn't pour that with a whole team of barista world champs coaching me. <Self-deprecating inserts to lull our Bad Boy Buckeye into complacency>.

milowebailey

« Reply #651 on: June 24, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »
Nice Shaun!  I see I have a ways to go still.

Here is one of mine from this morning.  Over-poured a bit.

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #652 on: June 24, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
Wish I had a dollar for every time I over-poured.

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #653 on: June 24, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »
From 5mins ago...

Maxing it out.

Revisiting dose vs. grind vs. ratios.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #654 on: June 24, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »
Great timing Shaun.

Looks great!

Need that in my belly!

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline bbqbeans

• Standard User
  • Mark
« Reply #655 on: June 28, 2012, 12:35:47 PM »
1 1/2 pulls Yemen Mohka Harasi straight-up.  Yum!

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #656 on: July 02, 2012, 05:05:24 AM »
Ringo offered to help with the pictures and posting. I'm off to a great neice's graduation party so the first of the week we'll try and get some pics posted. The Latte art is even getting better. Ms. Lusso does steam nicely! Getting that correct steaming is a key to the art!

Tell you what.  I think you and I are the latte art chumps.  What if we both practice until July 30.  Then, we will forward ONE PICTURE to Ringo (only one picture, per entrant).  Ringo will post them in a "blind poll."  Loser donates $50 to Grounds for Health.

Rules:
1.  Patti can't pour it for you.
2.  You have to lose your Buckeye excuses.
3.  You can't have someone hold your hand.
4.  No whining.
5.  No "recounts." 
<grins>

Work for you?

Only one bad shot this morning. It was the first one and it's not always the rule but I must admit that the first shot of the morning seems to be the one's that going to not meet standards if I'm going to pull a bad one. Machine warming up I'm sure! Couldn't be the operator!!  ;)

Have Patti show you how to do the first shot.  Then you can try the 2nd...
I think you boys could add one more penalty for the looser, I think the looser should wear the college team jersey that the winner picks for a week.  And pictures should be posted on the site, B/java would look good with an Ohio state shirt, Jim could put on a Michigan shirt for the first time in his life.

Ringo 
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

jspain

« Reply #657 on: July 02, 2012, 05:09:58 AM »
Ringo offered to help with the pictures and posting. I'm off to a great neice's graduation party so the first of the week we'll try and get some pics posted. The Latte art is even getting better. Ms. Lusso does steam nicely! Getting that correct steaming is a key to the art!

Tell you what.  I think you and I are the latte art chumps.  What if we both practice until July 30.  Then, we will forward ONE PICTURE to Ringo (only one picture, per entrant).  Ringo will post them in a "blind poll."  Loser donates $50 to Grounds for Health.

Rules:
1.  Patti can't pour it for you.
2.  You have to lose your Buckeye excuses.
3.  You can't have someone hold your hand.
4.  No whining.
5.  No "recounts." 
<grins>

Work for you?

Only one bad shot this morning. It was the first one and it's not always the rule but I must admit that the first shot of the morning seems to be the one's that going to not meet standards if I'm going to pull a bad one. Machine warming up I'm sure! Couldn't be the operator!!  ;)

Have Patti show you how to do the first shot.  Then you can try the 2nd...
I think you boys could add one more penalty for the looser, I think the looser should wear the college team jersey that the winner picks for a week.  And pictures should be posted on the site, B/java would look good with an Ohio state shirt, Jim could put on a Michigan shirt for the first time in his life.

Ringo

Al,

I'll go for that! No way will this body see a "team up north" shirt on it!!! B/slopartist in an Ohio State Buckeyes shirt makes my heart sing!! Patti's got the camera warmed up. As soon as electric is back on the throw down is ON! 

BoldJava

« Reply #658 on: July 02, 2012, 05:54:02 AM »
I think you boys could add one more penalty for the looser, I think the looser should wear the college team jersey that the winner picks for a week.
-----

Al,

I'll go for that! No way will this body see a "team up north" shirt on it!!! B/slopartist in an Ohio State Buckeyes shirt makes my heart sing!! Patti's got the camera warmed up. As soon as electric is back on the throw down is ON! 

You are on.  Let's see, Jim Spain in a Florida Atlantic Univ Owls jersey or a Trinity Lutheran Seminary collar.

Does Ohio have a post-secondary university for high school grads?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:56:23 AM by BoldJava »

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #659 on: July 02, 2012, 10:45:51 AM »
I think you boys could add one more penalty for the looser, I think the looser should wear the college team jersey that the winner picks for a week.
-----

Al,

You are on.  Let's see, Jim Spain in a Florida Atlantic Univ Owls jersey or a Trinity Lutheran Seminary collar.

Does Ohio have a post-secondary university for high school grads?
For that quip you should be pelted with stone hard Wisconsin cheddar by the whole Badgers cheerleading squad standing on the 50 yard line while wearing a Buckeyes jersey!   ;D
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";